Chapter 49: Its Purpose

Bea's POV

“Hindi naman tayo nagbreak, right? I don’t remember you or me saying anything about breaking up before.”

“So?” I asked confusion all over my face.

“Bea, for a smart person, you’re so slow. Edi syempre, you’re still mine and I’m still yours. Not unless you want to end things here? Do you?”

“Uhhh…” Hindi ko alam sasabihin. I was shy to say no and I don’t want to say yes naman.

“So, wala ka na palang amnesia? And you didn’t even tell me? I was so worried nung inoperahan ka knowing na you still had TGA. Since when did you remember everything?” I scolded him to change the topic.

“I remembered everything when I heard the song you played.”

“How did you remember?”

“There was this sudden scene in my head. It was when I asked you to be my girlfriend, remember? Wait. Iniiwasan mo yung topic eh!”

I feel my cheeks blush. Kinurot ko siya and said, “Shut up. We’ll get back there later. Continue your story.”

“Araaaaaay! Fine." He patted his shoulder then continued, "I wasn’t sure kung yung naalala ko is just some scene my mind made up or it really happened that’s why I asked you. That’s when I confirmed.”

“Okay, so why didn’t you tell me?”

“I ….. I wanted to s-surprise you.” He said lowering his head kasi he was blushing.

Tumalikod ako kasi I didn’t want him to see me smiling. I wasn’t ready to face him yet when I felt him hugged me from the back.

He wrapped his arms around my arms and placed his head on my shoulder.

“Bea, I really missed you. Sorry I made you worry.” He said with a sigh. Honestly, namiss ko rin to. Namiss ko rin si Thirdy. There are some things that you just can’t let go of. I think he’s one of those things that I can’t let go the most.

“I think I’ve made up my mind. Tayo parin.” I felt him smile.

He released from the hug.

“Sus, hug lang pala kailangan mo eh. You should’ve told me earlier.” He said with a smirk.

We sat sa gutter then leaned on sa wall ng BEG. The moon was shining bright. It was accompanied by the stars.

“Sa dinamirami ng meteoroids na nakikita ng moon na dumadaan, hindi kaya niya naisip, even once, na gusto niya ring umalis sa pwesto niya to explore the rest of the galaxy?” I asked while looking at the night sky .

“I don’t think so.” Thirdy said smiling.
I think it was because the moon knew its purpose. It knew that something needed it. And it would be selfish of it to just leave the Earth behind.

I was leaning on his shoulder, his arms wrapped around me. We fell asleep like that. We didn’t even notice. Finally, it was back to normal. Finally, I can make up for what I’ve done. We can finally continue our story that has so many things yet we need to discover.

________

I woke up in my room. I woke up confused, but I know my heart was smiling at that time. I went down and saw my mom.