Introduction

The lightbulbs flickered as a sea of people pushed me further into the metro. Green Coats lined the walls, patting down everyone before they could enter a train.
I groggily made my way to train B7, due to come in 10 minutes at 6:00 a.m. "Have your ticket and tag ready at the counter", a voice announced across the station.
In front of me a student checked her purse for her cards as I pulled out my ticket and a pocket knife. There would be 3 minutes of opportunity between the holding center and identification counters where no one could see what I planned to do. My own papers couldn't get me into the train, but hers could.
     Bleep...bleep...bleep...alarms went off in the distance and my lips curled into a smile. God couldn't have planned it better himself. I slipped my hand into the student's purse as my knife found its way to her neck. "Don't move, just tell me which pocket", I whispered. The student's body collapsed under me. Stupid, stupid, stupid, why'd she have to faint. Dropping to the floor, I searched for her papers: 2 minutes. Lights blinked red and blue as the alarms continued to sound, signaling an arrest not far off from here. My hand closed around a plastic card and some scrolls of paper, 1 minute, just in time. In front of me the woman began to wake up as the sirens died down. Quickly, I grabbed a fistful of her jacket and pushed her in the direction of the counters as I planted my knife in her pocket. "She's got a knife!" I screamed. Green Coats swarmed around in seconds, dragging her away by her jet black hair. I watched with a dead stare as tears pooled in her eyes.
  "Next", shouted the ticket inspector, snapping me out my trance. I handed over her papers while security patted me down. As if nothing had happened, no alarms had screeched and no arrests had taken place, the inspector smiled and gave back my papers and a snack of pretzels for the train ride. "Please enjoy your trip to SaltCoast Private School Ms. Rose." I went along with his game and smiled back. It was a good day, and as for the lady, she should have known better than to have brought a knife. Rose, I thought stepping onto the electric silver train. What a pretty name, I wish mine were that nice.