Clara

Prologue

'Tell me the truth once and for all ! And stop beating around the bush !'

screamed Xavier.

'Why !' he asked again.

'Why what?' i replied.

'Why Clara! Why did you lie'.

I turned around to look into his dark eyes that i fell in love with. Xavier. I would not and could not bring him down in my misery. He deserves better. He deserves a girl who didn't have so much luggage. So what i told him next was to protect him. To protect him from me. I would only hurt him further...

' Xavier' I snickered.

'Haven't you figured it out?' I asked him.

'Figured out what?' 

' Ooh Xavier. Are you really that stupid?' I questioned.

He was shocked and looked at me with hurt in his eyes. But nothing could prepare him for the next thing i would say. I knew this would make him hate me. And that was what i needed. He needed to stay away from me.

' How does the saying go like father like son?' i said with venom dripping from my tone .

' Did you really think i loved you?' i taunted.

And with those words i quickly turned around so he couldn't see my tears. When i was far enough where he couldn't see my face i stole a glance at him. He stood at the exact same spot where i left him. Shocked and hurt.