Chapter 1

Chapter 1

I stood there watching at her pale face as I put a rose in her hand. She loved roses, they were her favorite. After years of mocking about her infatuation with roses. She told me the real reason why she loved them so much.

She told  me she once read a poem about roses "You see every woman is a rose, Every woman is delicate in her own way,every woman is sweet as the smell of roses and every woman has her own hidden rose thorns." Maya said.

She always had a way of speaking. I wouldn't call it speaking. I would call it poetry. I was always amazed how she could silence a crowd with just her words. She told me that fate chose our friendship. " My way of speaking is soft and Clara your's is powerful. And together it's like fire and ice. Fate has chosen us to learn from each other. And I'm thank full that you're my best friend."

People always called us fire and ice. Ice because of Maya's delicate way of speaking. And fire because because I stood up for what i believe in and my words could touch someone very deep inside. Sometimes in a good way and sometimes in a bad way where there's 90% chance that you would cry because my words that were meant to hurt you. Trust me if i could control what i say when I'm angry , I would but I can't. 

As i put the last rose in her hand. They were starting to close the casket. With one last glimpse at the beautiful face that i saw every day. I stood up and walked away. You may call me a coward and I would not deny it. But I couldn't stay for the whole ceremony because i couldn't tolerate all the pity full looks. I know what they're thinking  " Poor girl! losing her best friend in such an awful way"

It was indeed an awful way. And you know what worse then your best friend death.

Witnessing her death and not being able to save her.

That hurts the most.