Thirty Eight: Shattering

Shayne

Everyone didn't know how to react once Veronica and Tristan walked out of the office. I could still feel a few set of eyes on me, but they wouldn't look at me for long once I looked at them in pure anger. My blood was boiling over the whole thing. I looked at Courtney and started walking up to her. "I fucking trusted you," I snapped out.

Damien walked in front of me and put his hand on my shoulder to stop me, but I just looked at Courtney who was hurt to see me this way and hurt to know she did fuck up. Out of all people to tell, she told Olivia? Right after she told me I could trust her? She lied to me, and I wasn't ever going to forget that. I pushed Damien's arm off of me and looked over at Boze who just stood beside Joven. She was the lucky one out of all of us and even if she did get called out, Veronica would've made sure to defend her.

"Fuck, this is bad," Mia said. I put my attentions on her and nodded.

"You think?" I asked her. She rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. "And you think it was smart to throw Ian out under the bus the way you did?"

"Shayne, ease up on her," Damien said.

"Why? She thought she was helping us, but really, she just ruined a twenty year friendship," I told him.

"I ruined it? How about you ruined a two year relationship?" Mia asked me.

I stepped forward, but Joven says behind me, "Didn't technically Veronica ruin it since she's the one who cheated on Anthony with Shayne?"

Wes was standing beside him and he just shook his head. "Oh my god, Joven, I can't even save you there," Wes said aloud.

"No because it's not her fault, and you wanna know why, Joven?" I asked him. "Because I'm the one who pulled her out to that dance floor, I'm the one who took her to my house when she was drunk, and I was the one who wanted to fuck her again once we got up that morning so tell me who is at fault now?" Everyone went quiet and I just shook my head. "I need some air."

"Shayne," I heard Olivia say, but I turned back as I was walking and said,

"Fuck off, Olivia."

I walked out of the office, but unfortunately I had people following me. "Bro, hold up," Keith called out. I stopped walking and took a deep breath as I turned back to look at him and looked to see Damien, Mia, Boze, and Mari standing a few feet away from him. "I know you're upset, but you know sure as hell that was definitely uncalled for, for what you said to Liv."

"What else should I say to her, Keith?" I asked him. "Thank you for telling Anthony before Ronnie and I could? Thank you for ruining Anthony's party just because you wanted to start drama? Or thank you for hating Veronica that much to embarrass her in front of everyone she works with?"

"But just think for a second, dude; if you and Ronnie hadn't-"

"Right, just put this back on us, Keith. That's fucking great," I said to him. "Why did she have to run her mouth to begin with? She had no reason to and that's why I told her to fuck off, Keith. I can't even look at her and Courtney right now, and I can barely look at you for saying this shit."

"I see both sides, Shayne, but you should see Olivia's face right now," Keith stated. "She is hurt and regrets what she did. She didn't expect Anthony to make a big scene about it and she didn't expect everyone to come at each other like that."

"Well, tell her thank you for me when you go back in there," I said. I turned away from him and started making my way to the elevator. I couldn't be here any longer than I have because even with Anthony and Veronica gone, everyone was still turning on each other and I had myself to blame. I shouldn't have kept this fling going between her and I, but I couldn't help but to be around her more. She just knew how to keep pulling me back in and even when I tried to stop it, she didn't want too and I couldn't help myself then.