Chapter Two: The Night of the Comet

Addison Gilbert POV*

I woke up, not to my baby for a nice change, and did my routine

I woke up, not to my baby for a nice change, and did my routine. In the middle of straightening my hair, I heard her start to cry, which in turn caused me to nearly burn my ear off.

I walked over to her, and picked her up. She would be a carbon copy of me if it wasn't for those beautiful blue eyes. She gets them from her father, I know because that's all I remember of him.

I fed her, and changed her, putting her in an outfit. I put her in the bouncer in front of my bathroom door, and finished up getting ready.

 I put her in the bouncer in front of my bathroom door, and finished up getting ready

I packed Chloe's diaper bag, and got my book bag and went downstairs. I could hear Elena and Jenna talking. And it all started with one little question, "Do I look adult? As in respectfully parental?"

I was about to comment, but my doe eyed big sister got to it before I did, "Depends on where you're going."

"Jeremy's parent-teacher conference. Hair up or down?" Jenna put her hair up to show off to my taller sister.

"Sexy stewardess." Well she ain't wrong. Jenna then put her hair down, "Boozy housewife."

I walked over and bumped Jenna's shoulder, "Hey, maybe you can get with Tanner, might be a great way to get over Logan scum Fell."

Jenna glared at me and shook her head, turning to Elena, "Up it is. You're feisty today."

Lena nodded, smiling at both of us, "I feel good, which is rare. So I've decided to go with it. Fly free, walk on the sunshine, and all that stuff."

"Hey Lena, maybe it's because of a certain hot back that's new this year." She glared at me with a bit of a smile, because she knows I'm right.

She looked around and asked Jen, "Where is Jeremy?"

Jen shook her head, "He left early. Something about getting to wood shop early to finish a birdhouse." She stopped for a moment, then looked at us both, "There is no wood shop, is there?"