Chapter Fourteen- Moments

shoutout to louislovesdimples bc "Help Me Find the Real Me" is amazing and deserves more attention so go read it please?

A/N~ so here's a short but sweet chapter. be prepared. oh yeah read the note at the end, pleeaase?

Ashton's P.O.V

"Are you sure you're ready?" He asked one last time, his hands hovering over the bag packed with my clothes and stuff.

"Yes, I'm ready. Hundred percent." I smiled and slid the backpack away from Luke, shoving in the last few things and swinging it over the side of my wheelchair. He smiled and leaned over to kiss my cheeks before pushing e out of the room. "Although, I'm not sure I see the need for this wheelchair."

I was finally free from the hospital, ready to go back into my life of misery. Everything seemed brighter since I woke up with my memories, of course, but something still seemed out of place. There was a layer of something between me and Luke and I was determined to figure it out. Once we got to his car, I slipped into the passenger seat and threw my bag into the backseat. Luke returned the wheelchair to a nurse and slipped into the drivers seat. We took off in silence, except for the white noise of the radio.

"I love you, Ashton." Luke said to the road, finding my hand and lacing our fingers together. I smiled and kissed the back of his hand.

"I know, I love you too." I mumbled into his hand. He blushed and almost swerved off the road. I squealed and threw both my hands in the air. He looked at me embarrassed, but soon burst out laughing. I giggled as well, but turned Luke's head. "Be careful there, Dean Winchester. Eyes on the road."

It was silent until we reached a stoplight, where Luke came to a stop and stared straight at me. I knew what was on his mind and I didn't want to talk about it right here.

"No." I stated.

"I'm going to make you go."

"Nope."

"Please?" He begged, bottom lip tucked out. I mimicked his pout and crossed my arms.

"I would rather sleep with Michael Clifford."

"You know you need rehab even if you don't say it aloud. For me?" He batted his eyelids, lurching forward to stop at the next light. I huffed.

"Okay, so maybe I'm not a hundred percent sane. But I hate people and I hate giving secrets so rehab would be like hell."

"You know the alternative!" Luke sighed, almost whined. I could tell it was really taking a toll on him, and weight sunk in my chest. "Your choices are staying with me and do a few rounds of rehab at our hospital or get shipped away for a month or two to a facility. I would prefer the first, but ultimately the choice is yours." He scooted as close as he could to me to nuzzle his nose into my neck, but I held back a laugh and pushed him off.

"Your cute powers don't work on me, Luke Hemmings. And I don't want to talk about anymore." I kissed his nose and cranked the radio up so he couldn't talk over it. He sighed and turned to the road, not a single word spoken the rest of the drive.

I wasn't really sure where we were going, I didn't really have a home welcome to me right now and Luke wasn't allowed in the house while his mom had guests. We continued to speed through town, the streets empty of any people. Eventually, after what felt like forever in the car, we pulled up to a small apartment building on the edge of downtown. It was fairly worn-down, just a simple two-story brick building. I gave Luke my best confused look, but before I could ask him what the hell was going on he started to speak.

"Okay, I know you think I'm crazy but hear me out. You're turning nineteen in a few months and I thought- hey! You've always really wanted to escape so I asked Jess to help and well, we bought you an apartment! Rent paid off for the next six months!" He had a huge smile on his face, jazz hands and all. I stared at him in silence for few seconds before his face started to fall, and I pounced at him to crash my mouth against his. He squeaked and slowly kissed me back, his mouth relaxing. I pulled away and and wrapped in the tightest hug I could manage.