Ch - 10

Jhanvi happened to be in a foul mood even on her engagement party and the reason was none other than her own fiance. He had mistakenly invited the Oberoi's and now Shivaay Singh Oberoi was at her party with his whole family. Jhanvi had so many things planned for her brother and Anika but now all of those seemed impossible. What was she supposed to do now?

On the other hand Anika was trying her best to pretend to be happy. She couldn't let the Oberoi's spoil Jhanvi's engagement. So in order to give herself some courage she had asked Jai and Nik to arrange some vodka for her after she was two shots down she entered the party again along with Jai and Nik who too were equally drunk by then if not more .

Oh my god we shouldn't have drunk those shots neat like that exclaimed Nik.

Please..I feel like I am on top of the world said Anika.

That's because you are drunk said Jai.

That I am said Anika and three burst into laughter.

What do you say we smoke a joint suggested Nik.

Now Anika always reprimanded him whenever he amped a joint. In fact she even told on him several times to senior Rana but still Nik was a college going boy and sometimes indulged in such things. Normally Anika would have given him a tearfully but tonight she had no intentions of being self righteous . Seeing Shivaay had triggered her in the worst way possible.

I think that's a great idea agreed Anika.

Anika di are you quiet okay ? You know how many times you have lectured Nik on this topic and now you are agreeing to this yourself said Jai.

Well I wasn't dealing with my ex who is now married to someone else in the past but tonight I am so let's do that.

No way Sid bhai is going to kill us replied Jai.

Stop being such a buzzkill big bro said Nik..Sid bhaiya doesn't have to know ..besides he is busy entertaining the Oberois..look at him standing there at the bar.

Okay how about this..we go mingle with guests for some time and meet each other on the terrace for that joint okay ?

Deal said Nik as he left to mingle follwed by Anika leaving behind an uncovinced Jai.

Sid on the other hand was having a hard time standing with the Oberoi's.  What was he supposed to do? Those three devils had left him all alone.

So Sid..you and Anika..how did that happened asked Om knowimg fully well someone had to ask that awful question.

Sid found the three brothers glaring at him.

Well um..Anika and i ..we sort of became good friends and decided to get married because of how compatimble we are.

Is that so Siddharth asked Shivaay. I mean did you even consider the fact that is my..

Careful Shivaay ! Sid was quick to cut him off. She was your wife..and listen you are the one who married another woman while you were still married to Anika and you even paraded her in public. Did you think even for a moment how Anika would feel. Look i know we all have history but Anika amd i have moved on together said Sid addressing the three Oberoi brothers. She is a Rana bahu now- that means she is going to be wherever we are and i don't want any tension whatsoever when we run into Oberoi's. I know you all mean well but know this- she is a Rana now amd that makes her off limits to you . Now if you'll excuse me..i have to go and find my wife.

Shivaay couldn't believe it. The nerve of that man calling his Anika as his wife. But Shivaay knew better. After seeing the way Sid talked he was convinced that there was more to the story. If Sid really was married to Anika he would have never let the Oberoi's enter Rana mansion. This all seemed to be a strategic setup but one thing still didn't make sense- why was the entire Rana clan playing along. They seemed to be genuinely fond of Anika but how on earth did that happen? There was only ome person who could help give him answers amd that was Anika herself.

Some time later Anika found herslef pinned to the wall while she was making her way to the bathroom.

Shivaay what the hell are you doing?

I should be the one asking questions Anika.

Please..i owe you nothing..by the way where is mrs. Shivaay Singh Oberoi..why didn't you bring her along with you.

I can't believe that you actually think i married her. It was a fake marriage Anika. Bua was blackmailing me okay.

And once again you chose to sacrifice what we had for the sake of your family. You never really considered me a part of it did you? Well guess what Shivaay i have found my real family ..my place is by Sid's side.

Yeah right. He still loves Mallika and you love me. Both of you can stop this drama okay.

Whatever said Anika .

We see rach other after 9 months and you have nothing else to say to me except whatever.

You did this Shivaay..fine i'll believe for a moment that you were being blackmailed..let's reverse our situations for a  second shall we..suppose bua had put me in that position and asked me to marry Veer and i had done that even if a fake way..how would you feel.

What kind of a vile question is that?

Oh i am not done..what if i had continued to live with Veer after our fake marriage..would you have forgiven me ever.

That would have never haplened because i would have killes Veer at the
moment he dared to even look at you.

Well some of us don't have that luxury..i could do noth whilst your family clicked pictures with her..

You don't know the entire story okay..i love you Anika..i went crazy after you left me ..i tried finding you but to no avail and then i found out that you and Sid..and that too by media. Please just stop this right now. You have made your point okay.

This was never about making a poimt Shivaay. Let's face it - we are doomed from day one. This isn't the first time we have been separated..i mean normal couples don't do that. I am married to Sid now and in the eyes of media you are married to Pooja now. Our marriage is invalid.  I will file for divorce soon and then we can be free from each other forever.

Shivaay had tears in his eyes now. What was he supposed to do..was it really the end of their relationship? Was he too late in mending it?

Like. Comment. Share.