Chapter four

It was Saturday and a new case came in, a very tough one. My oldest friend (Nicky) is being accursed of having sex with three minders and sexting them and could face jail time and losing his family and friends.

I sat in my office not knowing what to do. All the evidence are there but yet somehow I can't bring myself to face the fact of what he's done. A soft knocked came from my door bringing me out of my thoughts.

'Come in.' I half yelled.

'Hi, I didn't mean to stop you from working but I wanted to see how you are.' Olivia said as she walked into my office and sat on one of the chairs across my desk.

'I just don't know what to do. My boss wants me to work this case even though I know Nicky. I can't bring my head around to it all. He used to look out for me when we we're children and made sure no one did anything to me and we always used to be joined at the hip.' I blurted out not letting anything go unsaid.

'Am so sorry Rafael, I wish you didn't have to go through all this.' Olivia said as she got up from her seat and poured me a shot of scotch.

'Thank you.' I said getting the drink 'I just feel so trapped in my own thoughts they just come out sometimes without realising.'

'It's okay, it's good to get thoughts and feeling out sometimes.' Olivia said as she quickly got my hand and gave it a small swees. A small tingle goes up my arm and through my body and suddenly the weight seemed to dropped from my shoulders.

'Thank you for listing to me. Am not normal like this. Anyway I best start getting notes ready for court.' I said not really wanting to do this but knowing I have too. 'How about we go out for dinner later?' I said not knowing wherever I should of or not.

Olivia looked a little shocked that I asked but at the same time a small smile came over her face 'Sounds lovely. Pick me up around seven?'

'Its a date.' I joked as she walked out of my office.

A few hours went by and I had enough and called Olivia asking where she'll like to eat out.

'I've always wanted to try this Cuban restraint on Broadway.' Olivia said.

'Haha if you want Cuban just come to mine.' I joked as I could here the laughter of Olivia on the other end.

'I may hold you too that you know, but could we go to the Cuban restraint tonight?' Olivia asked.

'Of course we can.' I said 'Amway I would love to stay and chat but it's nearly half five and by the time I get home it'll be time to meet my date for the evening.' I said hearing the laughter come out of Olivia. I love to hear her laugh.

'Haha hope she's wort it.' Olivia said.

'I think she maybe will. Text me your address and I'll pick you up at seven. see you later.' I said as I hung up the phone packed my briefcase and of home I went.

Once home I got showered and changed into my black suit with a black tie and black waistcoat.

leaving me five minutes before my cab came to pick me put at six forty-five and Olivia text her address.

Once at Olivia's apartment I knocked and heard Olivia shot 'one minute.' Olivia opened the door and my jaw dropped to the bottom floor.

'Olivia you look so beautiful.' I said managing to find the words. She was wearing a black strapless dress that came just below her knees with a pair of black heels and her hair done in heartless curls.

'Thank you.' She said with a big smile on her face. 'You don't look too bad yourself.' She teased walking down to the cab.

A short cab ride and we was at the restraint.

Paying for the cab and turning around and holding my arm out for Olivia to grab onto. 'Ready for some great Cuban food?'I asked as we walked for the door.

'You bet.' Olivia said.

Holding the door out for her then walking over to the front desk.

'Under the name Barba, table for two.' I said to the small woman.

'Yes sir right this way.' She said taking us to a table and handling us menus.

A few minutes looking for a meal and short brown hair woman came too our table.

'Hello sir, ma'm, my name is Elizabeth and I'll be your waiter for the evening.' Elizabeth took our food and drinks orders and went.

'I didn't relies you liked Cuban food Olivia.' I said as our drinks came.

'Yes, me and my old work partner offended had Cuban, Indian or Chinese food working late night's.' Olivia said.

'You'll have to come try my cooking out one day then. I've been told Cuban is my specialty.' I joked as Olivia laughed at me.

'You know I'll hold you to that.' Olivia said just as food came.

'I didn't know you need to book to get into here.' Olivia said.

'It's okay, my brother owns the restraint.' I said.

'I didn't realised you had a brother. I thought you we're an only child.' Olivia said sounding shocked.

'Yes but only the one. He's a few years older then me. Because of the job I have and he has we don't really see each other so much. But anytime I need something he's there or he needs something am there for him.' I said.

'I have a half brother that I didn't know I had until a few years again.' Olivia said as we tucked into our fond. 'This is great.' Olivia said taking another mouth full.

'You still in contact with your brother?' I asked having a bit of my food.

'No he moved away to California.' Olivia said.

We sat in a comfortable silent while we finished our food.

'That was lovely.' Olivia said after she finished her food.

'Cuban food is the best.' I said making her smile. 'Love seeing your smile.'

'It sure is and thank you. It's nice to smile sometimes.' Olivia said with a even bigger smile.

'It sure is.' I said. 'To a lovely young lady to I get the great privilege to work with.' Me and Olivia raised our glasses and drank to that.

'What would you like for dessert?' I asked not wanting the night to end.

'Hmmm, hot chocolate cake.' Olivia said with a smile. 'I have some at my apartment if you want some.'

'That dose sound like a plan. Let me pay and we'll go.' I said getting some money out.

'Let's split it.' Olivia said.

'No, it's fine I don't mine, it's my treat.' I said putting the cash onto the table and a tip.

I helped Olivia into her coat then got into mine and arm in arm we walked out of the restaurant and called for a cab to Olivia's.