Mt.Midnight

No way! You're not going, I'm not letting you!"

"Would you stop being a brat and let go of me?!"

In a world filled to the very brink with Quirks, there didn't seem to be a whole lot left that could surprise the general population anymore. Everyone was so used to seeing things that were out of the ordinary, no one ever really seemed to bat an eye to things that were just completely out of the ordinary.

From clothing choices, to mutations from Quirks, from odd and unusual Hero costumes, to sporadic and unconventional clothing styles. In a world as diverse as the earth was thanks to the introduction of superpowers, there was very little that one would find odd about walking through the streets in any given city, at any given time. Once you accepted superpowers as a part of the ordinary, the extraordinary had to be something pretty major to make one seriously reevaluate their standards.

The sight of a Pro Hero in full costume clinging onto a taller woman in formal attire as the taller woman continued to walk along as though nothing was hanging onto her though?

That was one of the odder things that the citizens of Musutafu commuters were treated to the sight of. At least, those who were coming to and from the city's airport.

Nemuri Kayama – Hero name Midnight – felt her teeth clench against one another as she used every ounce of strength in her body to try to continue down the street with some sort of dignity, no matter how small or insignificant a scrap that it might be. She put one foot in front of the other, dragged along her suitcase, and tried her very best to ignore the girl that was trying her damnedest to stop her from moving. Yuu Takeyama – The young woman known by her Hero name as Mt. Lady, and Nemuri's current live-in girlfriend - had been hanging onto her ever since she had left the house, and she didn't seem to care about the spectacle that came from one of the most recognized Heroes in the city acting like a spoilt child she caused by doing this. All around, people were staring at the pair of them in sheer bewilderment.

Not that Nemuri wasn't used to people staring at her. That was more or less a part of her everyday life as a Hero. At this point she pretty much considered it to just be a part of the job and had gotten used to it. If someone wanted to be a successful Hero, they needed popularity, and to get popularity, they had to be in the higher rankings, so she felt no shame in showing off her body to get approval ratings. Normally, it didn't bother her who looked at her when she was deliberately acting in this way.

But those were for vastly different reasons than what they were staring at now.

"You promised we'd spend leave doing something!" Yuu didn't seem to care though about whoever saw her. She'd built up a hell of a reputation as Mt. Lady, and she didn't really seem too bothered by the fact that acting like this would easily tank the faith put into her. Heroes had to keep a certain level of emotional distance from their home lives in order to be effective. "We can't do anything if you're in freakin' America!"

Something she apparently couldn't bring herself to do.

Not that Nemuri couldn't understand though. It wasn't difficult to understand where Yu's frustrations had come from, and it certainly wasn't like the black-haired woman didn't share them. For both of them to get some time off around the same time had been rare enough when All Might was still single-handedly fighting off most of the crime in the city. Now that he had retired, it had been borderline impossible. And the first time they had gotten their schedules aligned in months?

Nemuri had been requested to accompany Aizawa and Yamada to the United States, to join a conference talk with some American Hero schools to sort out an exchange situation face to face, as well as tend to more professional business elsewhere in the country, focused around trying to secure new imports for Yuuei's Support Course to make Hero Costumes with. It had all come around last minute, and she'd been called back onto the roster. They needed another experienced Hero like Midnight along to help negotiations run smoothly. Plus, she was one of the only one of the three members of Yuuei facility to speak English fluently, as if she had been speaking it her entire life.