CHAPTER 06

CHAPTER 06

I thought he was going to let go of my hand but he didn’t. Instead he continued dragging me till the parking lot and stopped in front of a shiny, black, Audi R8 GT-Spider. My eyes widened with disbelief. He was riding a luxury car that very few could afford. He opened the door at the side of the passenger’s seat, threw my things inside, pushed me to sit, strapped me with the seatbelt, and closed the door. He as well went inside and sit on the driver’s seat, he started the engine and drove fast.

I was too shock to speak. Why was I inside Duke Loyola’s car with him? And wait, where were we going? And why the hell was I letting him take me wherever he wanted to?

“Hey, where are you taking me? We have a class, drive back to school.” I told Duke once I gained back my senses. He ignored me and just continued driving. What the?!? Was he kidnapping me?! “You’re committing a crime right now, you know. This is kidnapping. You are taking me against my will.” I looked at him with so much menace. He chuckled and glanced at me and then he looked back at the road, not saying a single thing.

What was he up to? Was he capable of really committing a serious crime? And then I realized how would I know? I didn’t really know him. All I know about him was that he was one of the guys at college that all the girls were rooting for as a boyfriend.

“Stop the car and let me get outside. I’m not gonna let you take me wherever you want to without my damn permission.” I looked at him with so much rage. And for the first time I saw him sigh.

“Just chill there, baby. I just want to have alone time with you. That’s all. I’m not gonna harm you.” Duke said without even looking at me. And why was I having trouble believing what he just said? Maybe he was telling the truth. But then I gave him so many reasons to inflict harm on me. My heart pounded a little. Oh, no. This was not a good sign.

I put my left hand above my heart to feel it. I suddenly felt a little light-headed, my mouth got dry, and I felt so nauseous. And then I was having hard time breathing.

“Hey, baby, what’s wrong?” I heard him say with concern. “What’s happening? Are you okay?” I saw him glancing between me and the road. And then suddenly he parked the car at the side of the road and stopped the engine.

I felt his both hands grabbed my face and forced it to look at his direction. I saw pure concern in his eyes when he looked at me. I didn’t know how long I stared at his midnight black eyes. All I hear was him saying, “Shit. You’re definitely not okay. D-do I have to bring you to the hospital?” He let go of my face, grabbed the stirring wheel, and started the engine, and we were on the road again.

Oh. He mentioned the magic word: hospital. That was enough to gain me some energy. “No, no. Not to the hospital. J-just bring me home.” I finally said to him. He looked at me like I just lost my mind.

“But Natalie, you’re sick. I should bring you to the hospital.” He insisted but I really didn’t want to go there.

“Please. I’m not fond of hospitals. It reminds me of bad memories.” I looked at him warily. He stared at me, assessing whether to obey me or not. “Please. I swear I just need to rest.” I told him with pleading eyes.

His eyes got soft. He retreated with a sigh. “Okay. This is not how I imagined spending my lone time with you. Well anyway, what’s your address, baby?” That was the last words that I heard he said before unconsciousness took me.

************************************************************************************************************

Coldness awoke me. I slowly opened my eyes, not knowing what the hell happened. I learned that I was lying on a bed, the softest bed. I stared at the light brown ceiling which hinted me that I was not in my own room. I blinked and then I roamed my eyes. The room was spacious, very modern. There was a glass wall at the left side of the bed leading to the balcony that overlooked the city. The wall was colored in white alternated with black and the furnitures were all in leather and metal. And at the bottom corner of the room was a led plasma flat screen T.V. that hanged on the wall, complete with speakers and other players and gadgets that I couldn’t name. There were some other interesting stuffs that were displayed across the room that I knew were expensive. This wasn’t my room for sure.