CHAPTER 04

CHAPTER 04

I headed to the library to fulfill my duty as a librarian. We needed to do the work for three hours during our school days, so that explains why for the next couple weeks, I wont be able to hang out with Trinee and some of my classmates during free time.

"It's so nice to see you again." Duke was already in the library when I arrived.

I just nodded at him and went straight to where the locker was and stuffed all my things inside. I felt Duke followed me when I walked near the counter. I just stayed quiet until Mrs. Summer arrived.

She explained to us what we needed to do. We needed to encode in the computer all the books that are being borrowed together with the student's name and their due dates. We also needed to update the files if the books were returned already, and put them back to the proper shelves.

While I was hanging in the front desk, I had noticed that there were only few students inside the library, so our job was not that hard yet. Life was still easy as of this moment but I don't know later.

"Are you not going to ask me why I wrote my code name on that book?" I heard Duke said. I didn't noticed when he joined me in the front desk.

Ooops... What did he just asked me?

And then I remembered....

The freaking computer lab incident!

I looked at him with my eyes wide open. He was leaning on the desk and just staring at me like a boss. And then a little curve formed in his lips.

Oh my God! He remembered me! How could he? I covered my face with my both hands because of embarassment. I just wanted to vanish. And then I uncovered my face and looked away from him and looked for anything to do that could earn me time to gain back some self-confidence so I could face him again. Unfortunately, I found nothing. I was stucked with him behind the counter. I had no choice but to face this... this... little I-didn't-know-what-to-call thing.

I gulped. "Here's the thing. I really didn't mean to bad mouth you that day. I was just so pissed with the person that ripped the pages of that book. And I thought it was you. I'm sorry." I sincerely said to him. I really didn't want him to have something again that he could use against me. And I really didn't want him to have a reason to do some strange things to me again.

"Nervous again?" He smirked at me. He started to get closer. Why did he always have to get close everytime he asked me if he made me nervous? It was very obvious already, why did he still have to ask? Men's ego...

He stopped several inches from me but I still could smell his manly perfume. God, his scent alone could send me in dreamland. I wondered what perfume he was using, I'd surely buy it and sprayed it all over my bedroom.

He just continued staring at me and do nothing. If I hadn't known better, I would think that Duke's really hitting on me based on his growing fondness of gazing at me all the time. But I knew. He was just playing so I should not give his actions toward me any deeper meaning.

I cleared my throat and that distracted him from his continuous gazing. "So, why did you write your code on that book?" I asked him the question he wanted me to ask him without having an eye contact. That would distract me so I didn't even try.

He rose his right eyebow and then he smirked and looked away from me. "I wrote my code on that book to test if someone could notice it." He answered but I didn't get it.

"To test if someone could notice it? Why?" I asked because it intrigued me.

"It was kind of a sign." He looked at me with amusement in his eyes. His eyes showed that there was a deeper meaning behind those words. And I was not going to push him to tell me about it because it was obvious he didn't want to really tell me. Or he was just not yet ready.