New Beginnings and endings

One two three. She took a deep breath. Opened her eyes. Swallowed. The big building in front of her looked so haunting, and she just looked at it, lost in her thoughts. Thoughts that was quickly disrupted by  a football. Right on the back of her head. Well isn't this just amazing, she sighed.
- Watch out Theo.
Wyatt. Of course. He had bugged her since they were nine, when he moved in next door. Their relationship consisted of him being annoying and Theo not being brave enough to tell him to fuck off. Theo spun around, towards the way the voice had came from.
- Hello to you to.
She didn't manage to say anything else before the bell rang. Sighing as she  realized that Wyatt was lost in the crowd. He wasn't exactly friend material, but being alone was worse.  Students flooded the stairs up to the port, and she just went with the flow, focusing on her shoes. One step. Two steps. Three steps.

- Welcome back to another school year on Westside High...
The teacher didn't even get to introducing himself before Theo was lost in the messes that were supposed to represent thoughts. Where was Em? Was she even alive? She must be? She can't not be? Theo woke up from her thoughts when the door opened. In the frame stood someone unfamiliar.
- Oh yes come in here, the teacher loudly told him.
He speaked louder to get everyone's attention, which he failed with. Theo was looking, trying not to stare at this new boy. He was so handsome, precious dark locks on his head. Locks. Just like Em had had. No. Just like Em has. Theo had always wished that he also had gotten the curly hair gene from their mother, but she was stuck with something in between, neither curly or straight. Just bland and ugly.
- This is our new student, Galileo Lockhart.
Pretty face, weird name. Theo slowly lost interest as he began talking about himself, her thoughts about Em distracted her but she managed to pick up a few words of what he said. Something about travelling and adventures. Theo desperately tried to listen, but when she closed her eyes the only thing she could see was Em's face. She forced herself to breath slowly, trying not to get carried away. For the sake of God Theo concentrate. The couple of seconds in which she was overwhelmed by the presence of her thoughts felt like minutes. No, like hours.
- You can sit down next to Theodora, the second table to the right in the fifth row.
He came over and sat down on the orange plastic chair.
- Hey, he smiled.
Theo just nodded in response, a weak smile spreading across her face. The rest of the lesson she remained silent, as Galileo was bombarded with questions.

On the way out from the classroom Theo picked up her phone. Five missed calls from dad. Three from mum. Seven from Elliot. Theo stopped in the middle of her step, as struck as lightning. Something was wrong something was wrong something was wrong. She didn't care about the people bumping into her, but still went outside to be able to talk in privacy. The moment her father picked up she knew what he was about to say.
- They found her.