Chapter 1: The beginning

The story all started with a young man called Guy de Saussure. Guy was a nobleman and resided in Scotland for a period of time. Yet it was not his native country, he was born in Normandy. He was happy in Scotland, but know one peculiar trait of Guy: he was mad about making money. He enjoyed making people waste money, which is why his wife had left him. She was tired of even charging his own wife for tax. They were married for just 2 years. And now Guy was sitting there, alone in an alley, just dumped, and he looked embarrassed. He muttered softly before him. "I did nothing ... She grumbled ... I just wanted ..." and so it went on. Until suddenly a poor-looking man wandered through the alley where Guy was sitting. He limped around aimlessly. Suddenly he saw Guy sitting and stopped. "Why are you sitting there?" he asked. He stared at Guy. Guy looked up at him and cried. The tears dripped silently over his cheeks. "I ... I don't know. My wife just left me, but I couldn't help asking for money from her, either? I am still so young and my life is already ruined. "The poor, strange man was still staring at him. 'Quiet. I already know something. " he had a kind voice. It startled Guy. "W-what did you say?" he asked anxiously. "I said I already know something. Come with me.' the man replied coolly. Guy stood up slowly. The strange man walked to the end of the alley. He twisted around and signaled Guy. Guy frightened toward the man. But the man had already turned and walked out of the alley. 'Wait.' Guy muttered. 'Where are we going?'

They walked out of the city. When they were out of town, Guy was getting a bit tired. 'How long? We have been walking forever. " he said. 'We are almost there. And by the way; we only walk 15 minutes. " the young man answered with a smile. When he laughed, Guy saw that he had very white teeth for someone who looked like a wanderer. After a while, they arrived at a large hill with a castle at the top. It threatened to rise above their heads. There were trees and lots of bushes around the castle, so it was well protected. Guy swallowed. "Do you want to tell where we are and where you have taken me?" he asked. But the man shook his head. 'No. We're not there yet.' He beckoned Guy again. They entered a narrow side path that had hidden itself among the bushes. Guy felt that it was getting harder to walk and noticed that they were walking up the hill. Suddenly the path stopped and they came to a large, iron gate. Guy wanted to walk there, but the man pulled him into the wild bushes. Guy stumbled over twigs and stray roots of trees. The man still held him tightly on his sleeve. "I can walk myself." Guy muttered. "All my clothing is dirty." but he realized he had said something stupid. The man turned furiously and pointed to his own clothing. 'At least you have something decent on! I don't even have proper shoes! " he fell out. 'Okay okay, I get it. Sorry I didn't mean to ... "stammered Guy. The man nodded briefly and walked on with great strides. Guy now had to run to keep up with him. Then, it seemed after an hour, the man finally stopped. He stopped at a small shabby-looking hut. Was it a cabin? Guy couldn't see it well. It was as if someone had just pushed a few branches into the ground with a roof of leaves and a few wooden planks over it. Guy looked around him. They were in an open space. In addition to what looked like a cabin; stood a small copper kettle. The man walked over and started to light a fire from wet branches. Guy walked around in the clearing and saw a strip of leaves that had been neatly swept together. He went over it with his foot and discovered a kind of hatch. He leaned forward, stretched out his arm and— "Don't sit on it." a voice grumbled. Guy got up quickly and stared into the man's face. And suddenly - as if he were being enchanted - Guy felt a furious rage that had nothing to do with being dumped by his wife a few hours ago ... "What can I do! You didn't even introduce yourself! You just take me to a castle, then we turn into a cooked side path and we come to this dump! What does this all mean !? And why did you supposedly want to help me? " Guy shouted. All the while Guy was raging against the man, the man had not left a muscle. But now he spoke. "I'm sorry I didn't introduce myself. My name is Sir Henry Edward Winchester. " Guy stared at him in astonishment, he didn't believe it at all. "W-what? But that sounds like you're noble. Is this castle yours then? " he asked. The man - or Henry - shook his head. 'No, unfortunately this castle is not mine, at least; not yet.' Guy raised his eyebrows. That sounded ominous, what did this man think? "Eh is it your plan to conquer this with 2 men?" Guy asked disbelievingly. Yes, he did realize Henry. But Henry shook his head again. 'No.' he said again. "My plan is that we are all going to conquer it." He had not yet finished his sentence or about twenty men came out of the bushes. Henry looked at Guy with interest. "But only if you participate." Guy couldn't say a word. One moment he was alone with Henry, and the next, twenty men (and a few women) came out of the bushes! Finally he said: "Why would it depend on me? Why do you want me to participate so much? I don't think you were that important. You only introduce yourself a few minutes ago. " he added sarcastically. Henry approached him slowly. "Listen Guy, or whatever your name may be" - "How do you know?" Guy interrupted suspiciously. Henry laughed. "Yes, you would like to know that." I can even write and pronounce your name well. You pronounce it as "Gie" right? French style. I will explain it all to you, but first answer my question. " Guy repeated his sentence. 'No, how do you know that? I want to know that before I say whether I will participate or not. " Henry looked at him appraisingly. Perhaps he realized that he couldn't win the conversation because he said: "We've been watching you for a while and have been waiting for the right moment. We thought your wife would dump you. By "we" I mean our army. And by army I mean my men and women who work for me. Working with me. I saw your passion for money and I thought; I need that. But we could not reach you. I didn't want that. If we had taken you before, your wife would have sounded the alarm. But then we saw what kind of woman it was, she didn't feel like someone who even collected money at home and dumped you. And then we saw our chance. I took you to our hideout, call it a shack, but no one has found us so far. A pretty good hiding place, though I say so myself. " Henry finished satisfied. Guy had to let this sink. "So ... you just stalked me? That is what it comes down to. But why do you want me so badly? I still don't get that. " he asked with a slanted head. "You are nobility. Such people know how to fight and have a good condition, at least I think so ... "Henry added doubtfully. After the walk here, he started to doubt whether Guy's condition was that good. "So what are you doing? Are you in? Or not? I understand that we will of course come in. ' Guy smiled uncertainly. 'Yes, yes. But ... I think I'm in. " he said confidently. Henry raised his eyebrows. 'Really? Even after. After we just "kidnapped" you? " he asked disbelievingly. "Yeah." was Guy's answer. 'Oh okay.' Henry stammered. Guy grinned. Henry apparently did not expect this. "But on one condition. I will become a sheriff when you are king. "

Henry laughed. 'Sheriff? Do you mean schout or counselor? What is a sheriff? " "Actually all of that at the same time." Guy said, looking inquiringly at Henry. Henry laughed again "Agreed."