Chapter 7

~Iwaizumi's POV~

After we had a reunion of finally acknowledging of who we really were from our past, we went over to the hollow tree with the big hole on the bottom of it that we both used to sit in when it was raining or just for fun.

We both sat down next to each other within the hollow tree, Oikawa resting his head on my lap after we both got situated.

"Iwa-chan?", Oikawa spoke first. "

"hm?", I hummed.

"C-can I ask you something?", Oikawa hesitated at first but now there's no going back. "Sure, what's on your mind?", I asked, patiently waiting for his question.

"Why did you stop coming here?", He asked, looking up into my eyes.

I was shocked at first but I felt the need to answer his question, it was the best I could do at this time after all that he has been through.

"It wasn't a choice for me to not come back. I wanted to but I had to go far from here, far from where I originally lived, I missed every second of being with you but as time grew on, many things were being put in my head and such things were happening around a few year old kids head that I couldn't fully process what was happening", I finished before sighing at the thought of it all again.

"Is it too much to ask what had happened that led you to leave?", Oikawa asked with a nervous look planted on his face.

I shook my head and began, "My village took aflame and everything was collapsing, it was how my father died but my mother took action, along with the rest of the villagers, and quickly grabbed me and we all fled till we sought a Kingdom", I chuckled at the thought of hundreds of villagers fleeing to a Kingdom.

"What Kingdom?", Oikawa asked another once again. I stared off into the distance for a few seconds before answering.

" Aobajōsai ", I replied back.

Oikawa stopped breathing for what seemed like forever until I felt his breath once he finally processed what I had said. "Why didn't you leave", Oikawa asked anxiously, worried at the thought of what could've happened.

"We had no where to go", I said.

"Yea, but the Aobajōsai Kingdom is dangerous! You could've been killed and you still can!", Oikawa felt relentless, he was getting angry just by think of the Aobajōsai Kingdom.

It is true. The Aobajōsai Kingdom is one of the most dangerous Kingdoms out there, but what choice did we have.

The tale of the Aobajōsai Kingdom is a nightmare for a kid. It is said that the first King that had ruled there began this "tradition" that involved a killing spree. Every year, one day of the year, it is said by the King himself that that one day was dedicated to murder.

It had passed down from generations and generations. That day was never given an official name but some would call it Dödsdagen; Day of Death.

"I'm fine Oikawa, I'm here aren't I? My mother and I only managed to survive because of our known area we have picked out for that day and I decided to become the Top Knight in the Kingdom for the King so that nothing would happen to us, considering he allowed us to stay in his castle for that day", I looked at him in reassurance that I was completely ok.

Oikawa sighed in relief that he knew that I was at least safe along with my mother if I came back to the Kingdom.

"Why didn't you come to my Kingdom, it was the closest to your village".

"We all had no time to think, neither could we come to this side of the land....this side was where the fire was coming from", I said with a small frown.

Oikawa opened his mouth, about to say something until he decided that it was best off not to continue on considering it was already done with.

"One more question", Oikawa looked back up at me with curiosity in his eyes.

"Go on", I said, looking right back down at him.

"Why did you arrive here in the first place?", he asked.

I stopped this time. I didn't feel the need to speak to him about this question. Oikawa saw me struggling to find out whether or not I wanted to answer his question or not and rested his hand on the side of my cheek following up with a "Are you okay?".

I nuzzled my cheek on his palm, feeling his soft and silky like skin on my face.

I took a deep breath and got ready to say why I was here.

I may or may not finish this story when I expected to end it....whoops

~Ryosuke🌸