Chapter 2: See No Evil

    After a while of walking, Berry then jumped onto Kodi's back and whispered into his ear. "Does Thomas look a little weird to you?" Berry whispered. Kodi turned and looked at Thomas and noticed the same thing. "Yeah, he does doesn't he?" Kodi said as he continued to look at Thomas. Thomas started to fall behind from his friends with his mind racing. "You okay Thomas?" Kodi asked as he stopped walking. Thomas looked forward and saw that Kodi and Berry we're waiting for him. "Yeah, sorry just have a lot on my mind," Thomas said as he caught up to Kodi and Berry. "Okay just making sure," Kodi said as they walked along again. Not long later they made to Ralph's house. "Great, the news van is still here," Kodi said as he stop in his tracks. "Then what do we do now?" Berry asked while hanging onto Kodi's collar. "We can sneak through the back," Kodi said before looking up at Thomas.

"You wait here Thomas. I'll be right back okay?" Kodi said still looking up at Thomas. Thomas nodded in response. Kodi then nodded back before leaving to the back. Once Kodi and Berry went through a hole that was in the backgate, Thomas started to hear whispers following by a strong wind. Thomas the started to feel dizzy as the whispers got louder and louder with the wind getting stronger and stronger. Then suddenly everything stopped, Thomas then looked up at Jake's old window and saw Jake standing there with bloody hands on the window. "Thomas?" Justin said from behind Thomas. Thomas turned and looked at Justin before looking back at Jakes window. Jake was nowhere to be found and with no bloody handprints left behind. "Thomas? Are you okay?" Justin said as he placed his hand on Thomas's shoulder.

Thomas looked back at Justin and nodded. "Yeah I'm okay, I'm just waiting for my dog," Thomas said forcing a smile. "Right, listen I didn't want to say this to Hannah and Austyn, but can you come with me to look in the attic?" Justin asked. Thomas was taking back by this, but agreed to do so. "Yeah, sure I'll go with you," Thomas said with a nod. "Okay, come on," Justin said as he walked over to his front door. Thomas followed him inside his house and then shut the door behind him. "Mom and dad said they would be at the police station all day, so we're in the clear," Justin said as he placed down his house keys in a bowl that was near the door. "So how come you didn't want Hanah or Austyn to come with you?" Thomas asked as he and Justin walked up stairs. "I just don't want Hannah to get hurt and as for Austyn... well... you know how he is," Justin said as they walked into Jake's room.

Thomas felt a coldness while walking into Jakes room. "Then why pick me?" Thomas asked as Justin walked over to Jake's closet and opened up the attic door. "Because you're Thomas and I heard some stories about you," Justin said as he climbed up the ladder into the attic. Thomas walked over to the closet and looked up the ladder. "And what stories have you heard?" Thomas asked as he climbed up the ladder. Justin then handed out his hand and helped Thomas up into the attic. "Charlie Holloway and the thing with crazy Emma," Justin explained as he pulled Thomas into the attic. "Then you know about the?..." Thomas asked as he and Justin stood up in the attic. "What? The stones? Yeah I know about those" Justin said with a sigh. "Now let's see those stones work Foxworth," Justin said looking at Thomas. "Alright," Thomas simply said as he took out the light stone. "Light," Thomas said.

The light stone lit up the room as if there was real sunlight in the room. "Wow that things bright," Justin said while getting blinded by the stone. "You'll get used it," Thomas said as he placed the stone down a box that was in the middle of the room. "So what are we looking for?" Thomas said as Justin took the lead. "Clues I hope," Justin said as he started to look around. "Didn't the police already look up here?" Thomas asked as he watched Justin looking around. "That's the point, we look where the police didn't," Justin said as he started to move things around. Thomas then shook his head before he started to help his friend.

"Dusty?" Kodi asked as he walked around the yard. "Kodi?" Dusty said as she came out of the doghouse. "Dusty I've been worried all day," Kodi said as he ran up to Dusty and nuzzled her. "Kodi, I so sorry I was here trying to get Ralph calm down, I just lost track of time," Dusty explained as she looked into her mates eyes. "It's okay Dusty, I'm not mad I was just worried that something had happened to you," Kodi said as he nuzzled Dusty again. "Where are the kids?" Dusty asked. "They're with my parent's at my dad's boat," Kodi explained Dusty took a deep breath in relief. "Good, good, Um... will you talk to Ralph please," Dusty asked. Kodi looked forward at the doghouse and heard Ralph crying. "Yeah, I'll go talk to him," Kodi said as he walked over to the doghouse.