Chapter 11

Disclaimer: Not Mine, Never was, etc. etc.

Chapter 11: Thinking

Lucius sat alone in his lavish study sipping a glass of whisky and going over what he had just witnessed. He was also trying to keep his temper in check. Once his suspicions had been confirmed that it was the Potter girl was the one sending his son the love letters he fought the urge to tear them apart right there. But that would have drawn attention and then become the new gossip topic.

So instead he hid himself from view and placed a charm on his ears so he could hear what they were saying. He heard Draco proposition the girl but did not hear her reply. So he carefully turned and saw them walking up the stairs. No one in the pub had even been paying attention to the sight of them going up together. He had contemplated on whether or not he should follow them but decided against it. Now he was trying to remember why he thought that was the best thing to do. Had he followed them he could have broken them up right then and there. He could have not only punished his son but the girl as well.

Another problem was that they were both heads this year, so they would be sharing a dormitory. No doubt what they would be doing. They would see each other everyday regardless weather they were heads or not, but they would still have to plan and hide. They would not have to if they shared a room.

Lucius took another large gulp of his drink and ran his fingers over the snakehead of his cane. He knew what had to be done, but how was he to go about it? There was no guarantee that beating and yelling would give him the results he wanted. Maybe threatening to disown Draco would help out a bit. He might be weak, but he was his heir, and not only that but Draco had no experience in the world. He would be lost, abandoned, and clueless. On the other hand, Draco could be doing this to provoke him. If he was disowned then he would have the freedom to pursue his relations with the young Miss Potter.

Yes, this plan would require some major thinking. He had no doubt that he could pull it off but he needed something solid. And then he would make his move. He would tear those two apart. Or perhaps cause such distress between them that they would tear themselves apart.

AN: I know, not much happening here. More Draco & Harriet Stuff soon.