The Life In Death

"I've waited a century. Now you have to show me!" I'd said.

"Show you what, Trinity?" Dad grumbled.

"The Heavens. I can't live in Hell forever," I complained.

"Of course you can, female son," Dad replied.

"I have female spirit of..." I tried to find the word.

"Rebellion. That's nice, Trinity," he wasn't even listening.

"Dad I'm serious! I want to know where Mum went."

"England. Liverpool. Europe."

"I want to see it in person, Dad," I moaned.

"I want, I want, I want, you kids want everything. Fine. Have it your way. We'll go to Liverpool." He was yelling. I smiled. Most kids would sulk, but remember, I'm Satan's daughter. "Humans are strange. They have schools, where kids have to learn rubbish. You'll have to go to school," he muttered.

Arriving in Liverpool was strange and nerveracking. Dad knew exactly what he was doing. We first went to a male human called Dave, who asked loads of questions about us. "To avoid suspicion from Mum, we are changing our names," he had told us.

So when Dave asked, my name was Kenzie and Envy was called Iasaac. It's wierd being addressed as Kenzie. Dad is now called Gordan, which is a stupid name. We said we were from Texas, wherever that is. Dave nodded, we are pretty good at lying.

Then we had to go to another male human called John, who asked about our education. Dad said we both were home-schooled, and know a lot of History and Religious Studies, are pretty good at Maths and Science, and are fluent in English, Spanish, French, German and Latin. John nodded, impressed, and that bit was true.

Finally we went to a female human called Doris, who got me and Iasaac into a school. Moorfield High. I was about to complain that we were 114 years old, but then I thought about human aging. Fourteen all over again...

So we got ready for Moorfield High, forgetting we were really a member of the undead, immortal without feeling physical pain.

I guess there can be life in death.