Day One

DAY ONE

"So... why did you step forward for me?" Chris questioned as he sat beside Delilah on the roof terrace sofa, his body facing towards her. He played with his hands subconsciously, showcasing his nerves. He found getting to know people in general, never mind a beautiful woman, extremely hard. He was always wary of new people.

"Obviously I'm attracted to you," Delilah began to explain, a small smile playing on her lips, "but you just gave off a really positive aura, and that's something important to me. I'm a very spiritual person."

"That's really cool, how did you become interested in that kind of stuff?" Chris asked, obviously showing an interest in the platinum blonde girl before him.

"I went for a psychic reading when I was 18 and it kind of just developed from there. She started talking to me about how I was giving off a negative aura at first when I was sceptical about it all but then by the end of it I had a positive aura. She also spoke to me about astrology and my birth chart. You could say that it really change the way that I thought and lived my life. What's your star sign?"

"I'm a Gemini," he answered, intrigued by Delilah. Chris was never one to read into psychics, auras or star signs but there was just something about Delilah's passion for it all, and the way her smile beamed brighter when she talked about it, interested him.

"Gemini - gentle, affectionate, curious, adaptable and able to learn new ideas quickly. Ruled by mercury, which represents communication, writing and movement, a Gemini often has the feeling that their other half is missing. Geminis are most compatible with Aries, Leo, Libra and Aquarius," Delilah informed proudly.

"What's your star sign?" Chris questioned, his eyebrows raised.

"I'm a Libra," Delilah peered upwards at Chris, her sane sweet smile displayed on her tanned face.

"So we're compatible then?" he responded, a flirtatious tone to his voice. He was slowly feeling at ease in Delilah's company, as was Delilah in his company.

"We'll have to see."

——-

Celeste, Lewis, Stephen, Athena and Simon were laying on the sun loungers by the pool. Stephen was rubbing sun cream into Athena's back and shoulders as the group engaged in conversation.

"So, Simon, which of us need to be worried? Who do you have your eye on?" Lewis asked, propping his head up with his left arm as he fiddled with the string of his swimming shorts.

"I mean, I'd be lying if I said I didn't think Delilah was attractive. I've got my eye on Mercedes too, but I haven't spoken to everybody yet. I'm just taking it conversation by conversation for now, there's still plenty of time for my head to be turned," Simon divulged as he rubbed sun cream into his arms.

"Just as long as it's not being turned by this little sort," Stephen replied half jokingly and half serious - in reference to Athena.

"So what do you think about the other couples?" Celeste questioned, a smirk taking its place upon her painted red lips.

"Mercedes will eat Vik alive," Stephen stated straight away, clearly having thought about this before.

"Definitely, she seems very dominant and he's so shy," Athena agreed, "Chris and Delilah seem smitten though. They've been up on that roof terrace for ages."