Ice cream kisses

Mon-el was home alone with Kara. She had been stressing about work when Mon-el looked over to her. Her hands entangled in her hair, she bit her lip.

   "You okay bear?" Mon-el said from the other side of the room. She sighed heavily and walked over to her boyfriend, who was reading a book on the bed. She sat on his lap while he read.
   "I'm just stressed. Reporting is hard!" Kara said streaching out the last word as she fell backwards into Mon-el.
    "Isn't that normal for earth jobs?" Mon-el said jokingly.
    "Yeah, but that can't stop me from complaining." Kara said rolling out from Mon-els lap, and onto her side of the bed. She set her glasses on her nightstand.

   "What are you writing about?" Mon-el asked.
   "Some insurance scam nobody wants to hear about!" She said throwing her hands down and letting them fall back down on their own. Mon-el chuckled as he watched his girlfriend rant about her work.

   "Why don't we calm you down?" Mon-el said helping her sit up.
   "How?" She said confused.
   "We could go get ice cream?" Mon-el said shrugging. He chuckled when Kara's eyes light up.

   They walked down hand and hand to the ice cream shop. When they got there Kara got cotton candy ice cream and Mon-el got pistachio. They sat in the ice cream parlor talking about ice cream for a while.

    When they were silent, Kara took a day off her ice cream and put in on Mon-els nose when he wasn't looking. He looked over to her and gasped. Kara giggled at the sight of him. He went to go put his ice cream on her nose, but because her mouth was open, Kara's entire mouth became covered in ice cream.

   "Messy are we?" Mon-el laughed. Kara started to lick away the ice cream when Mon-el stopped her. Mon-el kissed her passionately.
   "Not letting you steel all of my ice cream" he winked, pulling away from their kiss. Kara's face went beat red. Mon-el smirked at the sight of her blushing.

   She was like this on the way home too. She kept a hand to cover her mouth, and her face was as red as it could be. Mon-el stopped her from walking and took her by the waist.

   "You okay darling?" Mon-el said smiling.
    "Uh... Yeah, yeah that was just.... That was really cute" Kara said tripping on her own words.
     "Was it now?" Mon-el joked, kissing her one more time. Kara's head fell into Mon-els shoulder as she blushed and giggled.
    "We have to get home baby" he said grabbing her hand again.