Prologue

(Lia looks like this)

I woke up to the sound of "Lets Kill Tonight" playing in my room, letting me know I have to wake up

I woke up to the sound of "Lets Kill Tonight" playing in my room, letting me know I have to wake up. Ugh! I always hate these days. I have to go back to school and be around the tormenters that roam the school halls. I get up, dreading even opening my eyes. I wake up, getting ready.

I walk to the bus in this outfit

* TIME SKIP BBBRRRRROOOOOSSSS!!!!!!!*

I slowly start walking into school, looking down, and "Sugar, We're Goin' Down" blasting in my earbuds. I somehow can still hear everyone snickering, no matter how loud I turn up my music. I look up for the first time to a group of boys looking at me, clearly interested. I look back down, but before I could look away, one of them had pinned me to a locker. I kept glaring at him, I wanted to back hand him right now. But I don't want to cause a scene. He was looking me up and down, it scared me. I look at him, fear clearly in my eyes.

His hand slowly started reaching for my face when I acted. " BITCH FUCK NO!" I slap him in the face, making him stumble backwards. I quickly walk away, hoping I never saw him again. I can hear them yelling after me. " Slut! You asked for it!" I heard the boy who had pinned ME to the lockers say. I always hate when boys say that, what, because I looked up at you, you thought you could try to get into my pants or something! I thought to myself.

" He was desperate, I'm surprised He even glanced over at you."

"Shut up." I whisper to myself, hitting the side of my head with the palm of my hand.

" You know you wanted to. He's right, you are a slut."

"SHUT UP!" I yell without realizing. I look up to see hundreds of eyes on me. I feel my eyes burn as tears start lining my eyes. Why did I do that? I could've controlled it, but I didn't. I run to the restroom, but I'm stopped by 3 girls. Ugh, not these bitches.

" Awww, is someone having a lil' trouble getting her dumb ass head to shut up?" She said in a pouty voice, clearly mocking me. " Leave me alone Abbe." I say, trying not to cry. And with the snap of a finger, her minions were beating me up. And you thought boys were mean! Well, think again. I was out cold within 10 seconds.

* TIME SKIP AAAGGGGAAAIIIINNN!!!!!*

I get home to my mom passed out on the couch, of course. " Mom, I'm home." I said to her gently. She was drunk again. She was drunk everyday, ever since dad died in a plane wreck 3 years ago. I've somewhat moved on, but my mom still feels the pain fresh everyday. She says she feels guilty when she goes to find new love. But when my brother Leo went missing 1 year ago. It threw my mom over the edge. Now she's unemployed so I 'm the one working on the weekends. She's drunk everyday and can get abusive at times. But she's my mom, so I can't hate her.

I get a cup of water and head to my room, checking my Instagram. I know I shouldn't, but I feel like I have to see what people keep thinking of me, plus, Brendon. Duh!! I scroll through my comments on my posts, reading all the hate.

"Ugly" "Slut" "Alien"

All the words seep into me as I start to cry.

"They're right you know. You're ugly, you're worthless."

"No, no, no. no, NO!!!" I scream, knowing my mom won't care and knowing the voice was right. I just couldn't handle it.

I start to think and I decide to write a song. In around an hour and a half, I finish, recording it and editing.

Rabbit Hole

I'm falling
and I can't crawl out
Of this rabbit hole
to a place no one knows
Why
Why can't I
escape the pain
escape the tears
and just wash away
Oh why
can't I
find my way out
of my madness
My wonderland is hazardous

The tears in the streets
The tears round my feet
Why can't I just swim
I feel like I'm drownin'
The pain in their eyes
You can tell how much they cry
The nightmares and the memories
Why do they drive me into
insanity
oh insanity

The sadness
it's welled up inside me
But the more I try to fight it
The deeper I'm buried
The rabbit, the hatter
everything's scattered
And now I'm tattered and torn apart
I'm falling apart
My mind is ripping apart

The tears in the streets
The tears round my feet
Why can't I just swim
I feel like I'm drownin'
The pain in their eyes
You can tell how much they cry
The nightmares and the memories
Why do they drive me into
insanity
oh insanity

The floods have left me cold
But the fire can't keep me warm
The chain won't let me turn back
from this evil, leathle red queen heart attack
attack

The tears in the streets
The tears round my feet
Why can't I just swim
I feel like I'm drownin'
The pain in their eyes
You can tell how much they cry
The nightmares and the memories
Why do they drive me into
insanity
oh insanity

The nightmares the memories
Why do they drive me into
insanity

I finish and begin to upload it. I'm told my voice is great, but that's from the few people that used to watch my videos, now, I feel look like no one knows me. No one wants me. I'm a waste of space.

I fall asleep for around 2 hours, waking up to my phone blowing up. I wake up and look at all the notifications. I scroll through thousands of the same notification. " (insert YouTube name) Liked RABBIT HOLE"

I looked at my video, seeing it had millions of views and hundreds of thousands of likes.

I read the comments, I read thousands of compliments.

"Beautiful" "talented" "amazing writer" "deep"

These words also sunk in.

"Dont listen to them, you know they're wrong"

I ignore the thought and continue scrolling. I see a particular comment that caught my eye.

Fueled By Ramen✅- You're amazing! We would really like to have you in the studio sometime.
(inserts email address)

I read it over and over, trying to comprehend what I was seeing. FBR, wants ME, in their studio! I start to squeal! Then I think.

What will my bullies think..

_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_

Hi guys!
So, this is my first chapter of my new book yay!!
Hope you guys enjoy!!
Btw, there will be mentions of Brendon Urie and other members of the emo trinity, plus Twenty One Pilots. But only as friends and colleagues, this will not become a fanfiction. I SWEAR!!!! I'm not putting my 14 year old OC with a 30 year old dude who is most likely already married by the time anyone reads this!!!! Ya nasty.

ALSO!! Rabbit Hole, is an actual song by meeeee! I'm a song writer and musician that just hasn't started professionally yet. It is an old song so sorry if anyone thinks its absolute trash, but I honestly kinda agree with you.