Chapter 7

"You left your kiss like a bruise on my lips
Your fingerprints are tattooed on my skin
And hush now, don't cry, build your walls high
And don't you dare come creeping in
'Cause you're the one that I can't lose
You're the one that I can't win."
~Beautifully Unfinished by Ella Henderson
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You should read this one." He said causing me to look up from the book I was reading, Assholes: A Theory by Aaron James.

"I don't really like mystery or horror books." I said looking at the Stephen King book he was offering me.

"It's really good." Oscar insisted before putting it down when he realized that I wasn't going to take it. He went back to reading the teen-fiction book, The Outsiders.

The cute and funny thing about Oscar is that he reads out loud. At first it bothered me but then I got used to it.

"I thought you weren't supposed to read when you get a concussion." I said looking up from my book again. Oscar let out an awkward laugh and scratched the back of his neck.

"Well, they said I'm not supposed to be on my phone or read, but reading is the lesser evil. So here I am!" Oscar said and repositioned himself in front of me.

"Oh. And your parents don't mind?" I asked putting down the book and stretched out my legs. Oscar sighed and rolled his eyes.

"They're working a lot, so they aren't usually around during the day and don't come home until like 11pm and leave at like 5am." His eyes shifted away from my eyes and onto the book he was bending back and forth.

"Oh. Well my parents are divorced and I'm in a fight with my dad right now, but my mom is pretty cool as distant as she is. She's more into adventure and being spontaneous! But she has to work to support us, so she doesn't get to do much of that." I rambled on before looking out the window. Oscar nodded before looking back at his book, he looked between the book and myself before putting down the book.

"Why are you and your dad fighting?"

"It's nothing, really. He's just really ignorant to the issues I'm dealing with and he's always forcing me into things. But in the end, the main thing I'm angry at is that he can't keep his promises not matter how many times he says he will next time or it won't happen again or it's because this happened-" I took a breath and shook my head. "It's nothing."

Oscar looked at me with rounded eyes and parted lips. "Are dad's just wired to suck?"

I let out a loud laugh only to be shushed by the librarian.

"I hope I don't suck as a Dad but I feel like a kid with my DNA would face a world of problems."

Oscar looked at me with a questioning look. "What?"

"Medically anyways. My family has a history with members being depressed, bipolar and sufferers from things like migraines, ADHD which can lead to other problems, oh and diabetes. I don't want that." I briefly explained before glancing at my book, pretending I was reading.

"Oh wow. I mean, my family just have to deal with the greed that always seems to run through us." Oscar said with a sarcastic laugh. I nodded my head before looking out the window again, my leg bouncing up and down.

"Do you want kids?"

"I mean, I guess I do. I've always wanted kids and to be married, all the good stuff."

Both of our faces had blushes on them.

"Me to. But I'd have to meet the right person first, of course."