CHAPTER TWELVE: OPEN WOUNDS

It was the day you had dreaded the most, the day you would go back to campus - You had attempted to find anything in you that would make this day less dull, less painful. The only thing you could find was the fact that you would see Shawn again, and you still couldn't decide if that was a good thing or a bad thing.

Apparently you weren't as good as pretending everything was fine as you had imagined, after a couple of days your mother had done a full on interrogation of what was wrong with you - And she hardly had to try to get the information out of you because the words that were caught on your throat were blurted out easily, with more than just a few tears involved. And like any mother, she wanted Tom's head on a silver platter, but she comforted you - And that was just what you needed.

You sat on the edge of the matress, your hands sliding against the rosy flowered comforter - Childhood memories held every corner of your old bedroom, smiling nostalgically at the poster covered walls. You weren't in campus yet and you were already slightly homesick.

The light brown puppy - That you had named Leo after a couple of hours of stressing yourself out - Waltzed into the room with its wagging tail. You smile happily, kneeling down and taking the small dog between your hands before placing him on your lap where he soon found himself comfortable. He was just way too adorable for your heart to handle, and you had probably snapped a little too much pictures of him sleeping or just doing cute puppy stuff.

You played with him on your bed as you waited for Shawn to pick you up - He had been adamant about picking you up even though you told him countless of times that it wasn't necessary. You knew that he just wanted an excuse to drive around his newest car, a beautiful black Jeep Wrangler - A Christmas present from his parents.

Your phone beeps loudly, Leo's small ears perking up at the new sound as you take it out of the pocket of your black skinny jeans.

Shawn:

I'm outside, pls tell me i got the adress right

You chuckle softly, standing up from the comfort of your bed and walking toward your bedroom window - Moving the sheer curtains away and your eyes catch the sight of a shiny black Jeep outside your house, Shawn leans coyly against the door of the car - Glancing at the house before glancing at the phone on his hands. Your heart flutters at the sight of him, you had almost forgotten how amazingly attractive he was - Even from a distance.

His eyes dart around the province home before he takes a second glance at the window where you stood - Locking eyes with you as a soft smile plasters on his face, you wave at him with a grin and he waves back. Soon you are out of his sight, he assumes you went to get your suitcase and stuff.

A few minutes later the door of the house opens, and you waltz out with a suitcase on your hand - Making a quick chat with your mother and Shawn jogs to your side, his hands ready to take your suitcase.

"Shawn." You breathe as he stands before you in all his glory, dark chestnut curls hang down, ruffled - Loose smile on his face as he locks eyes with you.

"Hey (y/n)." He smiles and you place the suitcase on the ground before wrapping your arms around his neck, he was ready for that - Hands rapidly wrapping around your waist as he buries his face on the crook of your neck - The fresh fruity smell of your hair hits him like a wave, making him realize how much he had truly missed you.

And you, too, realized that as his musky smell filled your nose and his strong arms wrapped you into a tight embrace, feeling his muscles tighten around your frame.