going down

Tridale Enterprises, home to the Tridale family and standing in the heart of Downsview City. After being recorded as the second tallest building in the world with its 140 floors, it became the icon for the people here. From its modern exterior design to the homey but fancy interior, it was a popular tourist point that was greatly enjoyed.

Not many people were fortunate enough to journey to the top floor. Luckily, I had close relation to the Tridale's and snagged a free tour. It was when I reached the top floor where I ditched the tour guide to explore on my own.

I scanned the surroundings below me in awe. I was able to see the whole city from up here and a bit beyond. The people below me were smaller than ants but I watched as they all went about their day. It was fascinating how different everything looked when you were more than a thousand feet in the air.

After spending a few more minutes observing the fancy decorations on this floor, my feet began to ache. I joyfully headed towards the elevator and stepped in, stretching my arms. I leaned my head against the elevator wall and shut my eyes, wanting to get a little rest before the long ride home.

The doors began to close before I heard a shout. My eyes flew open to see a boy slip between the doors before they squished him. He bent over, his hands on his knees as he panted quietly.

I was about to shut my eyes again when he stood up straight and I got a look at his green hair. No, I thought.

"Michael?" I managed to choke out. The boy whipped his head around at the sound of my voice and froze when he saw me. His eyes widened, and after all the time I've known him I still wasn't able to determine the colour of them. It was either green, hazel, or a mix of both. It was gorgeous.

Michael visibly gulped and gave me a nod of acknowledgement. "Trinity."

I felt my heart begin to ache at the sight of him. After two months of the both of us playing ghost he still managed to stay so goddamn beautiful.

I panicked when I realized I would be stuck in a cramped area with him for twenty minutes. I racked my brain for an excuse to get off the elevator when the doors shut and a woman's voice rang through the speakers.

Going down.

Internally groaning, I forced a smile at his direction. "So, how are you doing?"

Michael quickly looked away when I caught him staring at me. It was obvious he was nervous when he fiddled with his fingers and chewed on his bottom lip- something I always found incredibly attractive.

"Um, pretty good I guess. Yourself?"

"I've been better." I replied quietly. I looked up to see him gazing at me, a hint of sadness present in his eyes.

A screen on the elevator showed that there were 130 floors left in red, bold letters. I honestly didn't think I would be able to survive the whole ride down with him.

The next few moments were spent in silence. I stared out the glass walls of the elevator; they were those cool kinds, where you could look out but everyone on the other side couldn't look in.

125 floors left.

My body felt as though holes were being burnt through it when Michael wouldn't divert his eyes away from me. I got the sudden urge to reach out and tug his body closer to mine. Even after all this time it would be assumed I would have gotten over him, but it seemed as though my feelings were stronger than ever.

"So what were you doing here?" He asked.

I looked up but Michael avoided making eye contact. It was still pretty awkward after what happened between us two months ago.