Chapter 1

Helen's POV
It had been another difficult day, at work. Y/N had made it all the better though, as he was playing our favorite kind of music in our office. Y/N was a fairly easy going person and had (eye color) colored eyes. I had a crush on him ever since he worked in our office, yet, I couldn't ever get the courage to express my feelings towards him. He was so confident with handsome facial features, he was in every girl's wet dream. Helen!! Get out of this hole you've dug yourself into.

It was 2 pm, a normal workday, the good news was it was a Friday, and everybody in the office likes to hang out at (pub name). Maybe I can buy Y/N a drink, after all, they are half off during happy hour. I heard my colleague and zesty crush typing away on the computer.

"Helen, I believe I'm on to something big with my research!" Y/N said turning around, giving me a nice look at his pearly whites.

"Well, you just gonna smile or fill me in hot shot." I flirted dangerously.

He blushed. I'm actually getting somewhere, I don't know if I should've been so risky.

"Helen, a little spacey today? What's going on?" He asked, giving me a concerned look.

"Nothing, just thinking a bit. Enough
nonsense get onto your breakthrough!" I say excitedly.

"I have reason to believe, that I am close to finding out who Elastigirl is." Y/N says clicking various files on his computer. Until he pulled up a crime board.

I had felt very nervous. Our office cubicle had felt much smaller.

"Its Suzi from the second floor." Y/N casually said.  He grinned and I gave shy smile back.

"You sure, they don't even have the same body type or facial features," I responded. Y/N is incredibly smart so if I handle this situation wrong it could blow up on my face.

"I definitely, put that factor in, but Elastigirl can be any shape or size correct? So she would try to blend in more with the civilian crowd posing as someone simple." Y/N explained sounding overjoyed.

"If I really went with the person who looked and sounding most like her, I would've easily gone for you." Y/N added.

I'm glad he's ruled me out, I've known him forever but I'm not quite so sure when to tell him about that.

"Suzi it is, well what are you going to do now that you clearly know?" I asked.

"I say we take the rest of the day off." He smirked and shut down his computer.

He put on our favorite band (band name) and put loud enough for us to jam out.

We danced together, giggles escaped our mouths every time someone misstepped or made a mistake. He took me and twirled me. His armed wrapped around my body and we looked into each other's eyes. And just as we were about to share our first kiss, we both heard footsteps outside the cubicle.

We both quickly took seats at our desks and turned or computers on. And trust me whenever we did something stupid we always tried our best to cover it up.

"You guys calling it quits today, everyone's going to, (bar name) and wings are on Marvin," Steve said standing outside the cubicle.

"I'll go if Y/N goes," I said giving Y/N a flirty smile.

"Ah, what the hell, I've got nothing better to do anyway!" He added getting up from the seat to pack up.

"I'll let him know, you two meet us there at five." And with that being said we packed up, our things and left the office.

I actually got Y/N to go to the pub, I know it's overrated but this time is special my zesty crush is going with me.