Chapter 4

Tord's P.O.V
"And how would you describe your past relationship with Thomas?" The doctor asked, interrupting my story.
I sighed. "We were inseparable. We had a very good friendship, maybe even more. But, I was careless with how I acted. I didn't understand."
The doctor nodded with sympathy, but it only frustrates me because he didn't know how it truly felt.
"How would you describe Tom?" He asked once again, positioning his pen so he could jot down notes.
"Well, Doc, there are no words that could compare to his existence. But, one way to put it was he made life seem slow and stars seem dark. The definition of shine seemed dull compared to him."
The doctor nodded as he wrote. He set down his clipboard.
"Will you continue your story?" He asked, patiently folding his wrinkled hands in his lap.
Once again, I nodded. I played with my red hoodie strings for a moment.
"Y'know, Doc, isn't it kind of heartless for you to nod when you don't actually understand? How do you gather the audacity to look me in the eyes after you say those words?" I asked him, my gray eyes cold and deadly.
"You're right. I don't understand, so I'm sorry for acting like I did know how it felt. But, I want to know what it felt like and what you went through." He responded calmly.
I rolled my eyes at him.