Chapter 6

Chapter 6 

Emma’s P.O.V

I was running, and running. I wasn't even breathing properly. I heard faint yelling of my name but I ignored it. I can’t, well he can’t like me. That wasn't suppose to happen. I see a bus stop and I quickly go to it. I hope a bus comes before HE does. 

I hear an engine coming my way and its a bus. I see Calum nearing his way. The bus stops in front of me and I jump in. I see Calum out the window as the bus driver, starts driving away. Calum’s shoulders slump and he starts to cry lightly.

——2 hours later—-

I finally make it home and nobody is here but my dog, Paris. I take off my heels and go upstairs, unzipping my dress. I change into some sweats and a tank top, and take off all of my make up. I pick my ipod up and start putting on some Ed Sheeran. I jump on my bed and I start falling asleep as my phone rings and I get a text. I ignore them but they keep coming.

“Hey it’s Calum, can we talk.”

“Are you asleep?”

“Emma…”

“Emma please.” I groan at the last one and pick up my phone and slam it agains the wall breaking it into pieces. 

Calum’s P.O.V 

“Emma I really think I’m falling for you.” I said breathless. I actually wasn't lying. I wasn't lying before either. Oh for gods sake. I been in love with Emma since the 7th grade. Anyways..she just stared at me blankly. She started tearing up again and took off running.  What did I do?

All these years I’ve treated her so badly, she doesn't deserve me. No, let me rephrase that. She didn't deserve me. Emma deserves someone gentle, who didn't bully her, and some one just perfect for her. I call a cab not wanting to go back to prom, never really liked dancing anyways.  I got home and went right upstairs, ignoring my parents as they bombard me with questions. I changed into my pajamas and went straight to bed with my phone. I quickly texted Emma, remembering Morgan gave me her number. 

“Hey it’s Calum, can we talk” No answer, I sent another one.

“Are you asleep?” Again no response.

“Emma…” I sigh and send one last text. 

“Emma please.”  She didn't respond again.

Maybe she fell asleep? Or what if something happened to her on the bus? Did someone kidnap her? I start panicking and go downstairs and put my shoes on. I start running to her house, which is only about one block away. I knock on her door eagerly. Her parents car wasn't here again so I’m guessing its another business trip. Yeah, I kind of know a lot about them. I keep knocking until someone opens the door. Emma. Oh great why did I come here? This was a bad idea. Wait no it isn't because I care for her. Oh fuck it.

“Hey Emma.” 

Emma’s P.O.V

I groan as I get off of my bed to pick up all the pieces of my phone. Mom and Dad are going to kill me. I put everything downstairs on the kitchen counter and I get something to snack on. I year the door being knocked, very hardly. I get a bit scared but go and open the door anyways, and I see Calum Hood.

“Hey Emma” He says normally.

“What do you want now?” I say annoyed.

“I wanted to see if your ok, you weren't picking up your phone.” He said relieved?

“Well I’m fine, I just broke my phone.” I state.

“And how did you do that?” Calum questioned.

 “Well do you want my honest answer or my cover up?” I added.

 “Hmm, both. But let me in.” He stammered.

 “Hmmm, no and my cover up is that I dropped it, and my real story is that I threw it to the wall because you kept annoying me.” I answer honestly and close the door in his face.

 I hear knocking again, I sigh and open the door. 

“Whattttt.” I groan.

 “Please let me in, I really don’t want to walk back because I’m scared of the dark, and I honestly don’t know how I got here so fast.” He admits. Im being honest, but he looked so cute and scared that I felt bad.

“Fine, but your sleeping on the floor, if my parents see you on the couch they would freak.” I move aside and let him in. 

“Thank you so much.” Calum smiles walking in.

“Yeah whatever, anyways do you want anything to eat or drink?” I ask, walking into the kitchen.

“Just water if thats not a problem, and do you have a bathroom?” 

“No I pee in the yard.” I say seriously, but obviously joking.

“Your joking right?” He asks. Which I’m guessing he didn’t understand my joke. 

“Yes, upstairs to your left.” I laugh a bit. Calum just chuckles and goes upstairs. I go to the fridge and take 2 water bottles out and go upstairs. I reach up and see Calum just standing there, tears in his eyes.

“You ok?”

“You..you self harm?” He states, but it comes out more of a question. “It’s because of me isn't it. Its because of Luke, Michael, sometimes Ashton and I” He stammered.. 

“Calum.. I.” I try to say that it is his fault but that I stopped recently. But nothing comes out. I look down and feel the tears stinging to my eyes for the third time tonight. I let the tears fall out of my eyes slowly. I see a pair of feet in front of me, and two fingers bringing my chin up. 

“I'm so sorry.” Calum says, kissing me. I didn't understand, was he sorry about the kiss or everything. 

“It’s okay.” I mutter into his lips and kiss him back. I was falling for this boy...hard.

{{A/N:: woah, whats going on with Calum and Emma? What should their ship name be, Calmma or I dont know you comment..? Sorry for not updating, I had the biggest writers block and check out my bio everyone!}}