Chapter 13

"This should do it. I suggest we get him to the hospital to see if anything inside was damaged." Younghoon looked at his mother then back at the half conscious Changmin. "Come on, get him in the car." Younghoon squatted so Changmin could get on his back. "I can walk. Thank you though." Younghoon walked close by him to make sure he didn't fall on his way to the car.

Younghoon and his mom waited in the lobby for the doctor to come back with the results. "Mom..." "Yes, sweetie?" He showed her the teal string that he's been hiding from her the entire time. "Oh my...?" "I don't know. It wasn't like this until I started dating Chanhee." "Then maybe you've made the wrong move. If this keeps up, it'll break and the string will disappear. It's happened to an ancestor of ours. This means you have to figure what happened between the day before and the day you two started dating." Younghoon looked away from her then quietly sighed. He didn't want to break up with Chanhee, but he also had reasons to help him do so. Something was telling him that he shouldn't let their string just break.

___________

"Nothing is broken and no internal bleeding, thankfully. But, he will have bruises. We'll keep him here overnight to make sure nothing goes wrong." They nodded then bowed to the doctor. "Are his parents coming to get him?" The doctor shook his head then looked over his papers. "We tried contacting his father, but he wouldn't pick up. If either of you are free, you can come get him in his place." They nodded then watched the doctor walk away. "I'll come get him, Mom." "He's lucky to have a friend like you."

___________

Younghoon walked into the hospital the next day and saw Changmin waiting in the lobby. "You came." "Yeah. I couldn't just leave you here with no one to come get you." Changmin briefly frowned before smiling. "Thanks. Let's get out of here." They walked out and Younghoon stopped walking. "Why'd you stop?" "What happened yesterday? Who were those guys? What's really going on?" "You're suddenly nosy again." Younghoon walked closer to Changmin then flicked his forehead. "I want the truth, Changmin. I'm worried about you." He heard Changmin mumble something but he couldn't quite hear what he had said. "My Dad is in debt. It's not a large amount. With the money I get from my jobs, he's able to pay off more than he used to. We only need a month to pay off the rest." "How did he get into debt?" "That's a different story for another day." Changmin turned around and walked on ahead of Younghoon.

"How are you feeling?" "Like crap." "Would ice cream make you feel better?" "I would take you up on that offer, but I have to get to the school. My test is in 2 hours." Younghoon realized he had completely forgotten about that. "Judging from your face, you forgot. That's fine. Don't show up." "Changmin..." "Don't 'Changmin...' me. Go busy yourself with your boyfriend. I'm sure if nothing happened to me, you wouldn't even have thought about me." "Why are you acting like this?" Changmin kept walking but faster than before. "Changmin!" He sighed as Changmin didn't stop. He looked at their string and noticed a few frays in it. He chased after Changmin then hugged him from behind to keep him from moving. "I swear, if you don't let go of me, you're going to be in more pain than I am." "Do your worst." He waited for whatever Changmin planned to do, but nothing came.

"Changmin. I'm not dating him anymore." "What?" "I can't date him. I didn't have that spark with him anymore. And I didn't want to lose someone dear to me." They remained silent until Changmin finally spoke. "I need to get going, Younghoon. Please, let go." Younghoon did as he was told then received a brief hug from Changmin. "Thank you. For finding me yesterday. I'm glad it was you." Changmin walked away and Younghoon followed, intent on keeping to his word. "So you are coming." "Of course I am. I'm going to help you pass that test." Younghoon couldn't see from behind, but Changmin was grinning like a fool.

a/n: don't forget to vote, share and comment! this was trash...