Chapter One: Ashton

**Ashton POV**

I was in the middle of a beautiful field. The ground was covered in red, pink and white roses. From the woods a wolf emerged. The wolf's fur was a chocolate brown color and it's eyes were light blue just like the sky above us. We stared at each other until he disappeared.

Sadness filled my heart. That's when I woke up. I stared up at the ceiling wondering what just happened. "Why do I suddenly feel sad if a wolf in my dreams disappears?" I spoke to myself trying to make sense of the dream.

Could it be that I, Clair Everblue have fallen in love with a wolf? A wolf I had seen once upon a dream.

Wh-

"Ash! You're gonna be late!" I heard my sister shout from downstairs.

Oh crap! I picked up my book, and pencils and chucked them in my backpack "don't worry! I can still make it to the bus!" I shout as I run downstairs.

"Well hurry little bro!" As I ran past her she grabbed onto the hem of my shirt, I look back only to find Jess' black eyes starring into my green ones. "You're forgetting my goodbye hug! You know I'm going back to college before you come back from school..." she trails off sadly.

I nod and hug her "love you sis, be careful and make sure you come back soon. It gets lonely here."

She nods, blinking repeatedly to stop herself from crying "I love ya too little bro. You stay outta trouble like always and make sure you're in one piece when I come back. I know it gets lonely but I'll call every night don't worry about it."

This time I nod and we cross our pinkies before saying in unison "promise." After that I ran out the door faster than I ever ran in my life.

I see the bus! I think I can make it! Just a few more steps! Aaaand the bus is gone. I begin to take a short cut I had used once or twice before due to the fact I don't catch the bus most days. This was due to the fact I love to write, especially love stories in which the characters are meant to be, it's a nice escape from reality.

I began to write more often because I wanted practice before I became an author which is my dream. It's the first time I'm writing a story like that though, I don't usually write about werewolves though it seemed like a nice idea, knowing who you'd love forever with just one look. I've still got quite a bit of research before I go on of course. I'm no expert when it comes to werewolves.

I take a moment to look at my surroundings and it's peaceful yet dangerous. Like the calm before a storm, obviously since my life is not like the characters in one of my books I dismiss it. I check the time on my wrist watch and yes I use those. 8:30 oh no! I'm late!

I begin to run fast, and strangely I'm not tired...weird... I shrug it off and run even faster, next thing I know I'm facing my locker. "What? How did I-?" I stop myself and just pull out my history book.

Once my locker is shut I begin to walk down the hallway. The third door down, room 408 is my history class. I open the door and standing in front of me is a substitute. Man I hate substitutes, especially the ones who get you in trouble for no reason at all. I mean I get they think they're 100% sure it's you but it could've been the person behind, in front, or on either sides of you.

So they can't possibly know it was you. "Why are you late?" A voice spoke, bringing me back to reality.

I look into the substitute's blue/gray tired eyes and reply "I had to say goodbye to my sister" she nodded and waved her hand in a way of telling me I could sit down. I sighed in relief she didn't care about students being late.