Birthday and the Unexpected

Alice p.o.v

When Charlie asked about Leah's birthday I was going to tell him that coincidentally it was the same day as Renesmee's, but Leah beat me to it. When I heard her response I had a heartbreak. I couldn't tell if she was telling the truth or just making a way out of the conversation. She probably never had a real birthday party, but that's all going to change, because we decided to celebrate hers and Renesmee's birthday together. We talked about it while Charlie was here and he didn't object to it probably feeling pity for Leah. But on the other hand Edward and Bella also didn't say anything. We all have to work together combining two parties together so one person didn't feel more left out, of course if Renesmee hears about this she'll make sure she was the star of the day.

Leah p.o.v

"We decided to do a double birthday party." Alice told me while the other people looked at me waiting for any response. "Look I know you guys are pitying me, but I truly don't remember when my birthday is I usually just change my age by the month that I made up. And besides its worse if I don't know the people you guys are inviting." I sighed and looked at them. "What are you talking about? You can invite your friends over and anyone else you want." Mrs. Cullen said looking at me with a smile. I knew they weren't going to let me out of this so I gave up on convincing them. I honestly did not want to deal with a snotty Renesmee especially during an 18th birthday party. "Is there anything you want? Personally and at the party?" Alice asked me, I shook my head and headed up stairs getting ready for the night.

There was only four days till the party. I woke up staring at the ceiling. I was starting to feel uneasy so I got up and opened the balcony windows and took a smoke. I stared at the red sunrise and zoned out letting the cigarette ashes fall. After a while I heard knocking on my door, "come in." I burned out the last of the cigarette and looked at Bella, who was standing at the entrance. "Alice wanted to know if you'd like to come down for breakfast?" I nodded and walked towards the closet and pulled out my emergency clothes, black leggings and a white v-neck shirt, "So did you think about what kind of presents you'd like for your birthday?" Damn she was still here? "No, I haven't. I don't need things that I'll never use." I walked out closing the door and made my way downstairs with the woman behind me.

We all sat down, except for Renesmee who was still on her "trip." Again, I was the only one who ate the most, before taking my last bit a thought appeared 'the party may give me a chance to reconnect with some of my people' I took the last bite and asked Alice, "Can I invite a couple of people over during the party?" She looked at me like that came to her as a surprise. "Of course you can! Invite as much people you want. It's an 18th birthday. The more people the more fun." I nodded and got up putting my plate in the sink.

I was in the same room with the piano again, but instead I was on the laptop checking my email for any replies back from the jobs and I emailed a couple of people about this weekend, but I precaution them about some things and laid out my rules when coming here. The people I knew weren't bad people they would never do anything bad in public. They were like a grandma's child. After logging out of my email I went to the backyard. Ever since coming here I never really got a chance to check everything out. The back had a garden of flowers. Flowers were secretly my favorite, but I never tell people that. As I squatted and look at them a small smile appeared. If only I could stay out here, smoke, and look at the flowers all day. "Leah can you come here for a sec?" Alice said from inside the house. I closed the door and headed towards the kitchen walking pass the living room where the guys were watching sports on TV. Alice was sitting at the kitchen table reading some papers. She looked at me and smiled, I sat down across from her. "Just wanted to inform you of some things. Next week you'll be attending Pearl Academy. Since you'd be enrolling in the middle of the school year there may be a lot put onto you. And yes you have to go to school since you're still a minor. Is there anything you want to ask about?" It took me a moment to register what she just told me 'I have to go to school? Are you joking?!' that was what I wanted to ask her, but I understood where she was coming from. Technically I dropped out well more like I stopped going a year ago. I shook my head, "Is that all?" She nodded and I got up heading to my room.