Dancing

The music started, I leaped onto the stage doing a straddle in the air. The crowd went silent, all eyes were on me. The melody was lovely, every note sounded perfect. I turned, I leaped and did all of the amazing choreography that I had worked on for the past two weeks. I smiled to myself, knowing that I was nailing it. The judges seemed mesmerized by my arabesque's and my tendu's, which were all calculated to perfection. As I was dancing I had to hold back my excitement for the finale. I did all of the moves until the music finally queued me and I performed the finale. It was full of acro moves that I had worked on for long grueling days with Ms. Pierre to make them look graceful enough to fit in with the soft and sweet ballet. I ended landing a side aerial. The applause made my smile grow wide, I love the applause. Applause's are meant to be loved, that's why they're put at the end. You do the whole dance and your reward is the applause, that's how I see it anyway. One petite blonde judge, with pink rectangular glasses stood up out of her chair and clapped four claps longer than everyone else. I took quick, small steps off of the stage, keeping rhythm.

"That was fantastic!" Ms. Pierre gave me a large hug, making a grand show of everything, as always. "You must have been the best act out there!" Her voice was vaguely French, "that blonde judge gave you a standing ovation! I love it!" Ms. Pierre exaggerated her every word dragging out each vowel. "Thank you, Ms. Pierre." I nod politely then rush to change out of my costume. I a pair of light gray sweatpants on over my faded pink tights. Then, I pull on a light blue sweatshirt with the Royal Sweets Dance Company logo over my pink leotard. And I replace my black ballet slippers with the kind of white sneakers that are usually worn by cheerleaders. I take my hair out of it's tight bun and put it into a ponytail, I wipe off my makeup with a makeup removing towelette. I hear the door swing open, "Oh my god! You were so amazing, you looked totally gorgeous!" Squealed my best friend Alissa as she walked in. "Aww. Thanks Lis, you're the best!" I gushed. She clapped her hands once and gave me a quick hug, "Josh's here too," she informed me, "he's waiting outside." "Really?" I failed to hold back my excitement. I rushed out of the restroom and jumped into his arms, "Joshy!" I screamed. He laughed, "Hey Caitee-bear." I kissed him, then jumped out of his arms and reached for his hand. "You guys are so cute!" Alissa squealed, glancing at our intertwined fingers. I checked my watch, "Shoot! Sorry, I have to go, awards start soon." I gave them an apologetic look. "It's cool," Josh let go of my hand and put his arm over my shoulder, pulling me close, "we're still on for dinner tonight though, right?" He asked. "Of course!" I smiled, "I'll see you at seven." I said goodbye to Josh and Alissa, then I walked back to the dressing room.