Chapter 14: Magic

It was the night of the prom. Everyone  in Elden High is excited to attend with their dates.

Before they could leave, the Ross siblings took a bunch of selfies in their formal attires. Blair wore a black sequined gown, whereas Kyle wore a suit with a bow tie. While the siblings are waiting for Lance to pick them up, Kyle went on to check on Louis, who is still fixing himself in his room.

Kyle walked in and sees Louis, in his suit that was borrowed from Kyle's parents' wardrobe, looking at the mirror with a slight frown on his face.

"Hey, Louis. You ready?" Kyle asked.

Louis didn't answer.

"You look amazing tonight." Kyle said.

Still no answer.

Kyle then held his hands, trying to reason with him. "Hey." he said. Louis looked at him.

"Don't be nervous. I'll always be here for you, okay." Kyle said.

Louis nodded.

"Great." Kyle said, smiling.

A car honk came from outside. Lance is here. She called the two guys.

"Guys, Lance is here. We don't wanna be late for the prom." Blair called out.

"Yeah, we'll be there in a minute." Kyle said, as Blair walks out of the house, being escorted by Lance.

"Shall we?" he asked Louis, trying to escort him.

"Yes." Louis said as he holds Kyle's arm as they walk out of the bathroom and out of the house. Kyle locked the door and he assisted Louis in entering Lance's rental limousine, as they leave for the prom.

Lance's limousine has arrived at the Ritz-Carlton Flagstaff. Lance escorted Blair out of the car and walked inside the hotel. They were followed by Kyle and Louis.

The hotel looked magical, as it was decorated in gold and red. Every student in Elden High was in formal, looking like they are attending the Oscars, which is the theme of the prom.

As they enter the hotel ballroom, everyone is around the place, talking to each other, drinking punch and eating from the buffet. Louis' eyes looked down. Kyle sees this and talks to him.

"Hey, it's going to be a great night, I promise. Just stick with me and everything's going to be okay." Kyle said. Louis then nodded as they look for a table.

Kyle, Louis, Blair, and Lance sat in a table together, talking with each other and taking selfies together.

A few minutes later, Blair's best friend, Ariana Mercer performed Ariana Grande's "Tattooed Heart" on stage. Everyone stood up and danced. Kyle then invited Louis to dance with him.

"Louis, may I have this dance with you?" Kyle asked Louis, offering him a hand.

"Sure." Louis nodded as he stood up, holding Kyle's hand.

The two then slow danced, as did everyone else in the room while Ariana sings. Louis felt loved by Kyle as they danced. He looks at his brown eyes and smiled, so did Kyle. They enjoyed this sweet moment together. They kissed during the dance.

As the song is over, everyone stopped dancing and applauded Ariana. Louis hugged Kyle, feeling his warmth.

"I love you." Louis whispered.

Kyle hugged back. "I love you too."

Everyone saw the two hug, including Kyle's friends, who applauded them. Ariana also clapped on stage. Austin, on the other hand, went furious as he saw the hug. He walked away from the scene and went back to his table.

As everyone returned to their seats, Kendall joined Kyle, Louis, Blair, and Lance with her date.

"Hey guys! Can we join you?" Kendall said.

"Sure Kendall. Have a seat." Kyle said.

Kendall then took her seat, so did her date.

"Louis, would you get us some punch, please." Kyle asked Louis.

"Sure thing, Kyle." he said as he stands and gives Kyle a small peck on the cheek.

"No, Louis. You've been through a lot this week. Allow me to get us some punch." Blair offered.

"No Blair, you've done a lot helping organizing this prom. You deserve a break. I'll get us the punch." Lance said.

"No, it's okay guys. It's fine. I'll get it." Louis said as he leaves to get punch.

"So, you and Louis are a thing now?" Kendall asked.

"Yeah. He's my new boyfriend now, and I hope this isn't too awkward," Kyle said.

"Oh no! It's fine. I'm definitely okay with you and Louis. You two seem like the perfect match. It's kinda funny because I already knew for a long time that Louis is hiding in the closet." Kendall said, as they laughed.

Ariana then came to the table. "Hey Blair! Can I sit with you guys?" she said.

"Sure bestie. Grab a chair and join us." Blair said, as Ariana joins them. Kendall rolled her eyes.

"Who's the lucky guy, Kendall?" Lance asked.

"Oh yeah. Guys, I would like you to meet Brandon. This guy has a crush on me for a long time. He comforted me when I went on an emotional breakdown yesterday, so in return, I gave him the opportunity to go to prom with me. It's the least I can do for a friend." Kendall said.

"Where's Stefanie, by the way? I can't find her." Kendall asked.

"She's the one giving out the ballots for prom king and queen." Blair said.

"Speaking of prom king and queen, who are you voting for this year guys?" Kendall asked.

"Who are the nominees this year?" Kyle asked.

"Well, from what I've heard from Stef, I think its Blair and Lance, me and Brandon, James and Jaiden from art class, and Katie and Darren." Kendall said.

"Well, I for one, am voting for you, Blair. Not because you're my best friend or anything, it's because I think you and Lance deserve it after years of being together." Ariana said.

"Same here." Kyle said.

"Wait, you're not voting for me, Kyle?" Kendall asked.

"Sorry Kendall, but my money's on Blair this year. Plus, I think it would be very embarrassing for you to be prom royalty with someone who you're not that interested with." Kyle explained.

"Don't say that in front of him. Dude's moving for ASU after graduation, and this is at least I can do for him after he helped me yesterday." Kendall said.

"Oh! Well, may the best couple win, I guess." Kyle shrugged.

While Kendall is giving a death glare at Blair, hoping that she would win over Blair for the throne, Kyle noticed that Louis has been away for a while. He starts worrying at first, but he began to be even more patient, thinking that he may have went to the bathroom before getting the punch.