1

A/N

you all voted and everyone said ryan! so here it goes!

You groaned a little, as your fingers frantically pressed the keyboard in your dark small room which was lit up by a tiny computer screen.

Contrary to popular belief, it wasn't night time at all. It was three in the afternoon, and you were living life like a vampire.

You jumped when your phone rang loudly. You stopped typing to pick up it up.

"Hello?" You asked, forgetting to look at the caller identity. "Hey (Y/N)," A cheery voice said on the other line. You immediately recognized the voice.

It was your roommate and best friend, Liz.

"Oh hey, Liz!" You smiled. "What's up?" She asked. "Oh uh, nothin' much, y'know, just chillin' in the dorm," You quietly confessed.

"Dude, classes just let out, we should do something this summer!" Liz stated. "I know, it's just... I haven't had the time."

You sighed, thinking about how often you stayed with your parents during the summer. They were great of course, but you didn't know if you could deal with another summer at their house doing nothing.

"Hey, that's why I called! Matt and I are starting our road trip tonight," Liz went on.

Matt... Matt Watson was her boyfriend of two years.

"Oh shit, that's cool. Where to?" You asked.

"We're going to Las Vegas for a few days, and driving to the Grand Canyon. You should absolutely come along," She tried to be persuasive.

"Uh..." You chewed on your lip. "Listen, I love you guys dearly, but I don't want to uh... third wheel you guys." You admitted.

Liz snickered. "It's fine. I get it. However-" She paused.

"Ryan's coming along too. He said he's going only if you go," She further explained.

"You mean... Ryan Magee?" You raised an eyebrow. "Duh!" Liz exclaimed.

"Uh," You thought about it.

Ryan was Matt's bestfriend. All you could remember about him was the fact that he was tall -well, actually, everyone's taller than you- and he had a cute smile.

Oh, and he had a lot of facial hair.

You hadn't talked to him in a while. Clearly.

"Sure. I'll go," You blurted. "Yes!" Liz cheered. "Pack up, I'm coming to get you," She said before quickly ending the call.

What the fuck. That was the most spontaneous decision ever.

You closed your laptop as you let out a deep breath, reconsidering all of your life choices.

Some of your belongings were already in a suitcase, considering the fact that you were sure you were going to your parents for the summer.

None of your family cared though, to say the least. It's not like they were expecting you... maybe?

You should give them a call.

Everything was packed up and ready. You drank some water, then silently sat down on your bed, playing on your phone. There was a knock on the door.

Hurriedly, you grabbed your things and opened the door.

"Hey-" You were expecting Liz, but instead, it was just some guy.

Oh wait. It was Ryan.

Obviously.

Fuck.

The boy leaned against the door frame. "Hey,  you ready?" He asked.

His long brunette hair stuck out from his beanie, and he gave you a small grin.

You were distracted. "Oh-uh, yeah," You stuttered. You caught yourself staring at him.

Holy shit.

"Do you need help grabbing your stuff?" Ryan asked.

You looked down. "I just have a suitcase,"

"I got it," Ryan grabbed it from you and winked. "Thanks," was all you managed to say.

You watched as he hauled your bag out of the building.

You swallowed nervously and turned off the light and locked the door before heading out.

Liz was standing outside along with the boys in the parking lot. "(Y/N)!" She shouted and eagerly hugged you.

"Hi," your voice was muffled in the hug.

Matt was standing by Ryan talking to him. "Hey, (Y/N)," Matt waved at you. "Hi Matt," You greeted.

"I think we're ready to go," Liz announced as she closed the trunk of the rental car. Matt nodded. "Who's sitting where?" Liz asked.

"I'm driving for the first half of tonight, so..." Ryan shrugged.

"I'll sit wherever. I don't know if (Y/N) or Liz want to sit in the front, or..." Matt trailed off.

"I can sit in the back. I'll probably fall asleep." You said.

Liz decided she would sit in the back with you. You all hopped into the vehicle.

The drive to Las Vegas from where you guys were, near Los Angeles, was just about four hours.