Hiccup X Reader - Flying

Your feet stumbled and tripped, snagging on stray branches and other things as you were pulled through the forest. The eager hand holding yours tugged harder, with an excited shout of

“C’mon ___(Y/N)___!”

The person’s whose voice that belonged to was your friend Hiccup, and today he was taking you flying on his dragon, Toothless!

Finally, you reached your destination, and saw the black shape of the friendly Night Fury straight ahead.

Climbing up Toothless was easy enough. Finding where to sit was a bit harder. Knowing where to hold onto was impossible! Nobody knew, but for the past few months, you had developed a crush on Hiccup.

His soft brown hair. Forest green eyes that sparkled when he laughed, and darkened with his mood.

You were broken out of your daydreams when Hiccup shouted,

“Here we go! Takeoff!!!” The sudden rush of wind and lack of ground nearby, made you gasp, and without a second thought, your arms wrapped around Hiccup’s waist and you buried your arm into his shoulder. He laughed at your antics and grinned when you couldn’t see. About five minutes into the flight, the wind stopped howling, and a light breeze took its place. Slowly, you lifted your head from Hiccup’s shoulder, and couldn’t contain the “Wow!” that slipped from your lips.

You were flying just above the clouds, the setting sun just ahead, its color turning the world into a canvas of purples, pinks, oranges, and yellows. Reaching down, you ran your hand through a nearby cloud, feeling the lightness of it. _(H/C)__ blew in the sweet breeze, and you closed your eyes, taking it all in, unaware that Hiccup was watching you with a look of wonder in his eyes. After a while, you cracked one eye open, and seeing him still staring, letting out a “What? Do I have something on my face?” Hiccup’s face turned a shade darker with blush as he fumbled for words.

“What? No, there’s nothing on your face! It’s, um… just…”

“Just what?” you prompted, now curious as to what he had to say.

“You’re just so beautiful.” He breathed out, and a shy smile spread across his face.

Huh? Your eyes grew to the size of dinner plates. Was this really happening? Is this whole thing a dream, and I’m going to wake up in my bed any moment?

Then his lips were against yours and you knew there was no way you could dream this. The smell, the feel, soft warm and perfect, and the taste, sweet and tender.

After breaking apart, you sat there, foreheads against each other, staring into each other’s eyes as you remained flying through the wonderland of clouds.

Hiccup took a deep breath, and said “I Love you.” You smiled wider than humanly possible, and felt your lips moving as you replied, “I love you, too.”

The grin on Hiccup’s face couldn’t possibly get any bigger, but somehow it did.

“Good.” He said, brow furrowing a bit as he continued, “I was worried you wouldn’t, and our friendship would be ruined.”

“Don’t worry,” You replied instantly, “That was never going to happen.”

You must have been up there for at least another hour, spent just lying on the back of Toothless and talking. And kissing, there was some of that too. Okay, a lot of that. Right before you decided to head back, Hiccup blurted out,

“Y’know, I think I’ve loved you ever since I met you, I just didn’t quite realize it then.”

“Same for me.” For some reason you both broke out in laughter, not quite sure why, but at the same time it just felt right.

“Maybe I should have done this a whole lot sooner then!” He joked, and in response you elbowed him in the ribs.

“You think?”

And in that moment, flying high above the ground where nobody could see, with Hiccup at your side, everything was perfect.