part three

cora arrives to her apartment in dallas that she recently bought when she took a trip down last time to apartment hunt. she walks into her apartment and set her bags down instantly and heads to the couch.

"ughhh." she lets out a sigh of relief because she finally gets to settle down.

cora heads back over to her bags and takes them to her room where she starts to unpack them and neatly put them into her wooden dressers that were bought along with the apartment. cora has heard a lot about the dallas stars hockey team since the last time she came down and tyler, the man she met on the plane said that the dallas stars had a game tonight and he kept bugging her to go. cora was very confused as to why tyler was so into getting her to go to the game. cora's brother had bought her a dallas stars jersey before she left because he was a huge hockey fan, so she decided why not go tonight and maybe meet some new friends. she was going to just try and wing it and see if they have extra tickets at the window because they are playing the avalanche, and tyler said they weren't a good team so if she had decided to go, getting tickets would be easy. cora decided to take a quick shower since she was on a plane basically all day. as soon as she got out she pulled on a pair of her black ripped jeans along with a 'benn' green home jersey. she finished the look by curling her hair into loose curls and putting mascara on since cora had natural beauty and rarely wore makeup. she pulled her black steve madden slip ons from her suitcase and slid them on before heading out the door and ubering to the american airlines center.

cora's pov

"hi i was wondering if you had any extra tickets for tonight's game?" i asked the ticket lady outside the arena.

"i'm afraid we don't, i'm sorry honey." she replied. damn.

i pulled out my phone getting ready to get an uber back to my apartment but a family of three ran up to me.

"hi we have an extra ticket and we wanted to know if you wanted it?" who i think the dad of the family asked.

"oh my god are you sure." i asked back in surprise making sure that they didn't need it.

"yes it's all yours." the dad said and quickly handed it to me before abruptly turning around and heading towards the arena so they didn't miss the beginning of the game.

"thank you!" i shout out before he couldn't hear me and i got a thumbs up and smile back from him. i look down at the ticket and see that the section seems awfully close to the ice, although, i wasn't exactly sure were my seat was located because i was never in this arena before.

as soon as i set foot into the arena all i could see was a sea of green filling up throughout it. it was honestly such a wonderful site to see so many people support one team. there would be an occasional avalanche jersey but as they walked by many dallas fans would boo them. i looked at the signs above the entrance levels to see if i could find my seat without asking anyone.

"can i help you find your seat miss?" one of the dallas stars staff came up to me and asked.

"yes please." i laughed because they probably saw how confused i looked trying to find my seat by myself.

the staff worker led me to the first ice level which i must say was a wonderful view from any angle at that level. he kept leading me down closer and closer to the ice where soon he stopped at the row right behind the bench.

"um are you sure this is my seat?" i questioned the worker in shock at how close my seat was.

"i'm positive." he laughed and then turned around to go help someone else.

i took a seat in my chair and looked at my surroundings. the seats were starting to fill quickly with people in green jerseys because the game was finally about to start.

"ladies and gentlemen please welcome your dallas stars!" the announcer announced and the team came out of the tunnel and did a couple laps around the ice.

the game was very fun to watch and i was so excited to see how much the crowd got into the game. i really could get used to going to these games since my apartment was so close. the final horn sounded and the stars ended up losing 4-1. i started gathering my belongings and got up from my seat and filed out with the rest of the crowd. i realized the time was about 10pm so i headed out of the arena and walked a couple blocks down which took me about ten minutes and then i decided to go on my uber app and get a ride home. i saw that the uber was going to take about twenty minutes so i decided to just sit on the curb and go on my phone. i looked up from my phone and saw a car start to pull up besides me so assuming it was my uber i got up and went towards it. as soon as i started to get closer the figure of the male started to look very familiar.

"tyler?" i question, finally realizing the male in the car is tyler, the guy i met on the plane. "you're my uber?" i questioned while letting out a laugh.

"no?" he answer back sounding confused. my phone buzzed in my hand and i looked down and sighed in frustration realizing what the buzzing was for.

"fuck my uber canceled." i said while sitting back on the curb.

"i can give you a ride." tyler offers.

"i don't know you. how do i know i can trust you to drive me home safe." i question back in all seriousness. he laughs back at my response.

"cora, just get in."

i finally give into his words and get into his car.

"so what are you doing around here at this time of night?" tyler questions while looking straight ahead at the road.

"i could be asking you the same thing." i respond back.

"i had a hockey game and was driving home." he answers. i thought it was a coincidence how i just got out of watching a hockey game and he just got done playing one.

"oh i just went to the stars game you told me i should go to." he looks over at me and laughs. "what?" i look at him confused.

"the reason i told you to go was because i'm on the team." he starts laughing again probably thinking i'm stupid for not catching on. "i'm tyler seguin number 19."

"oh my god i'm so stupid." i say while putting my hands in my head and laughing.

"just a little." he says. "probably shouldn't have told you to go, i played horrible."

"just a little." i say mocking his words. he laughs at my joke and continues to drive to the address i gave him.

"thanks for the ride tyler." i say smiling towards him and opening the passenger door.

"anytime. thanks for coming tonight even though you didn't know i was playing and i didn't know you were actually going." he laughs.

"i'm sorrrryyyy!" i pretend cry to him.

"here." tyler says while handing over a piece of paper towards me. "in case you want to watch more of THE tyler seguin here's my number. so just let me know and i can get you tickets."

"wow how kind." i playfully roll my eyes. "goodnight." i continue and start to shut my door.

"night." he simply responds back.