Change

Chapter one: change

 I’ve always seen my creativity as an annoying feature of mine. My fantasy brought me to places that were a hundred times better then this Earth. But it also kind of sucked because very time I had to wake up from my fantasy and realize that this is not a dream where I’m the popular girl in school. This is real life, and it sucks quite hard. I was a very creative kid, but my laptop seemed to suck all the creativity out of me. That thing was literally attached to me. I’ve always liked to draw, paint and write poems. My huge fantasy helped me with this. I just never realized how blessed I actually was. The way I realized it was unfortunately very hard and painful.

My mum decided she wanted to change her life so we moved from Holland all the way to Sydney, Australia. I was afraid but also exited. I’m always up for new adventures. But the thought that I had to leave all my friends behind broke my hart. Wait, this is not totally true. I didn’t leave ALL my friends. My mum was done with Dutch men after she divorced from my dad, so my mum and her best friend Saskia, decided to move to Australia with me, my best friend that happened to be the daughter of my mums best friend, my little sister, and her little brother. My best friend’s name is Kira and her brother’s name is Oliver. My sister is called Isabel and my name is Indya. Even though my mum, Saskia and us were going to live together, doesn’t mean that we’re all going to the same school. Kira is 15 and I’m 14 we both have to go to 10th grade, but because there weren’t enough free spots on the school I’m going to, Kira is going to a different school. Oliver is 13 and goes to 7th grade on Kira’s school and Isabel goes to primary school because she’s only 10. We’re currently in the plane and it is horrible because I sit alone all the way in the back of the plane next to this douchebag kid that is constantly staring at my boobs. It was extremely hot in the plane so I took of my sweater, so I’m only wearing a tank top. The plane ride only takes 24 hours. I’m already enjoying it.

I just realized I haven’t even introduced myself properly yet. Hi, my name is Indya and I’m from Holland. My mum is from Suriname and my dad is from Holland. Holland sucks because it’s very boring and cold. I enjoy drawing, writing, reading, painting and watching movies on my laptop, oh, and surfing. My mum says I have to develop my ‘creative skills’ so she took my laptop away. Now I can only use it for ‘creative purposes’. I’m quite shy and extremely fast scared. I am always positive and that’s quite cool because I always can give people hope. We haven’t even landed yet and I already hate Australia. This sucks. My mum sucks. Australia sucks. Everyone sucks.

Only ten hours to go. My mini television died so I have nothing to do. Let me tell you about Kira. Kira is extremely funny. She has the driest sense of humor you can ever imagine. She is always happy and never scared for anything, unlike me. We are so different, and still so much the same… Kira makes friends extremely fast, probably because she is so pretty and funny. I’m just weird and ugly. One of the reasons I’m so afraid to go to Australia is because I don’t make friends quite easily. I just got a bunch of friends in Holland. But now I have to start all over again. The kid next to me is actually kind of cool.  His hair is bright pink and he has been listening to music for the last 14 hours. My hair is very curly, brown and has lilac ends. I dyed it when I was 13. I still like it. I think he’s around 16. He’s kind of cute, but I’m going to try to sleep now because otherwise I’ll be extremely tired when we land.