Chapter 2

We arrived at our new house!

‘’OMG MUM, IT’S HUGE!’’

Is the first thing I can say. My mum smiles at me and says:

 ‘’I knew you guys were going to like it!’’

 When I turn around to see Kira’s reaction I notice that there is no Kira.

‘’Mum, where is Kira?’’ I ask. ‘’Oh, Kira, Isabel and Oliver went in the house to claim the best rooms.‘’

 SHIT!! As fast as my legs can carry me, I run to the house, through the enormous garden. I think I saw a pool in the garden. But I have no time to look at it properly because I’m already inside. I her Isabel screaming ‘’HAHAHAH I GOT THE BEST ROOM!!!’’ followed by Kira’s scream: ‘’MY ROOM IS DEFINATLY BETTER HAHAHAH!’’ Shit, shit, shit; now I have the worst room. I run upstairs and see 5 enormous rooms. Kira is sitting on the huge bed in one of the rooms. There are only 2 rooms left. One is for my mum and Saskia, Then the last room must me mine. I walk into the room and it is extremely small. Then something catches my eye: a ladder. The room is very light big windows and a sort of couch in the window so you can sit in the window. When I climb up the ladder I see the biggest room I’ve ever seen. A lot of windows and a huge bed stand in the corner. A light blue desk is placed in front of the window. Pink butterflies and fairy lights are hung around everywhere. This place reminds me of a fairy tale. Big pillows lay around everywhere. This. Is. The. Best. Place. On. Earth. When I open the wardrobe I see that the wardrobe is as big as my previous room. ‘’OMG I HAVE A WALK IN CLOSET!!’’ I scream. ‘’WHAT’’ Kira shouts. I hear her entering the room and climbing the stairs. ‘’You. Are. So. Lucky’’ is all she can say. Then she runs back to her own room. Maybe this isn’t going to be as bad as I thought it would be…

I follow Kira to her room. (Which was just as enormous as mine, it just wasn’t as cozy) Kira and I decide to explore the house.

This house is so enormous! Every room has it’s own bathroom and we have a huge pool outside. This is so crazy. The weather here is great. I always get cold very easily and the weather is extremely hot. We live in New South wales very near Sydney. I was just going to look at the huge kitchen when jetlag hit me. I think I’m going to sleep now because otherwise I don’t have enough energy to explore the neighborhood tomorrow.

-- the next day—

Sleeping in my new room was scary. When I woke up I didn’t even know where I was. Only 3 days left until school starts. Kira runs in the kitchen while I’m making cornflakes.

‘’Sooooo what are we going to do today?’’ she asks me. ‘’Hmm, I don’t know, we could explore the neighborhood and take a look at our school…’’ I reply. ‘’Sounds great!! I’m going to change, be right back!’’ she answers.

I decided to wear something simple. I’m wearing my hippie crop top with a pair of yellow shorts and my black converse. I leave my hair how it is: curly and fluffy. I’m not one of those girls that are confident about their appearance. Not even close. I don’t have curves at all, I’m 1.75 centimeters and very skinny. The only things I feel confident about are my legs, really. They are very long and skinny. I wish I had Kira’s body, she has beautiful curves.

I was just eating my cornflakes and staring out of the window, when I hear Oliver and Isabel coming downstairs. They are so cute together… Every boy in Isabel’s previous class liked her but the only boy Isabel has an eye for is Oliver. These two have been together since the beginning of times. They are the cutest couple ever. I never had a boyfriend; I’ve never even kissed before.

 ‘’Oliver and I are going swimming’’ my sister says and she runs out the door. Oliver grabs some crackers and runs after Isabel.

‘’Okay I’m ready!!!!’’ Kira shouts. She runs down the stairs. She looks stunning, like always. We walk out the door. It takes us five minutes to walk to the huge gate. Kira happily talks about her new school, and how much fun it is going to be and those Australian boys are really hot etc.… She must’ve seen that I’m worried about something because she asks ‘’Indya, are you listening, are you okay?’’ OF COURSE I’M NOT OKAY, I WILL OBVIOUSLY BE THE WEIRD KID IN SCHOOL AND WITHOUT YOU I’LL BE A LONER!!! But that’s not what I say. I just nod. ‘’Yeah sure…’’ As if Kira just read my mind she starts giving me advice on how to make friends and get a boyfriend. She finishes her story with a smile. ‘‘And don’t forget you are beautiful!!!!!’’ she says. Sure…. Whatever… people may say that I’m pretty but I feel ugly as hell. We start to explore the neighborhood. All the houses are huge and school is only 5 minutes away walking distance from our house. Well, at least my school is. Kira’s school is 30 minutes biking distance away. I guess I’m lucky. There is a huge mall 20 minutes away from here with a lot of fun shops we didn’t have in Holland. Kira and I decide to walk to the mall to get some ice cream. Everyone is super nice here. A lot of neighbors were walking their dogs and came up to us because for some reason they knew we were new here. When we finally arrive at the mall and I look in my purse, I see that my mum secretly put a 50-dollar bill in my wallet. There is a post it on it that says ‘’Go and get some clothes –xxx Mum’’. Kira sees it and says ‘’We. Have. The. Best. Mums. Ever’’ We run to the forever 21 and buy loads of new clothes. After that we go to the Victoria’s secret and Sephora. And just before we go home we visit the Lush. Kira buys a lot of clothes while I sped nearly all my money in the Lush.

____________________________________________________________________________ 

I'm really sorry if this sucks! I'm expirimenting with writing and I don't know if I suck or not. A lot of cool stuff coming up!!! Thank you for reading, it means the world to me! Oh and I gave the main character my own name, I'm sorry if it bothers you! Haha :) 

Love You! 

Xoxo,

Indya