Chapter 14

"They're so cute aren't they?" I hear.

"I'm not one to usually admit shit like this, but I have to agree with you, Sel, that's kind of adorable." I hear from a second voice. I slowly open my eyes and see Selena and Hannah standing by the stairs. Selena has her phone out and it looks like she's recording us. 

"Are you recording us?" I whisper, trying to not wake up Jace. Selena quickly turns off her phone and puts it in her pocket. 

"No?" She says, but it sounds more like a question. I roll my eyes not wanting to get into anything. It's really no big deal. 

"Is there any reason both of you are down here?" I yawn, still tired. I have that feeling when you nap and oversleep and you wake up tired. 

"Yes. Mom told us to come down to tell you guys dinner is ready. You guys going to come?" Hannah speaks up. I look down at Jace whos head is still on my stomach. He looks so peaceful. I don't know how much sleep he was able to get today and I'm not sure that I want to interrupt his sleep. But I'm also pretty hungry. As I think that, my stomach growls. Do I wake Jace and eat or just deal with my need for food? 

"We're fine. We can get some when Jace wakes up." I finally say. Hannah shrugs.

"Okay." And with that, she goes back upstairs. 

"You leaving? Or are you just going to watch your brother sleep like a creep?" I ask Selena kind of bluntly. She gives me a dirty look, "Sorry, I'm kind of grumpy when I wake up." 

"It's fine. I'm leaving now!" She yells as she's halfway up the stairs. I run my hand through Jace's hair like before. 

"You can go eat you know." I hear. I look down and see that Jace's eyes were closed, but he must have been awake that whole time. 

"You were up that whole time?" I ask incredulously. His even breathing said otherwise. 

"Yeah. I think it was the loud growl of your stomach that woke me." I feel my cheeks heat up at what he said and I hit his arm lightly, "Hey, don't hit the dying boyfriend." 

"You're not dying. Don't be some kind of over-exaggerator. You're such a drama queen."

"If I didn't have such a bad headache right now, I would roll my eyes at you," he says. I notice how hoarse his voice is.

"I'll stop talking so that you have no reason to roll your eyes. Does your head feel any better than earlier? I mean it must if you are willing to hold a conversation with me." I say. He turns his head on my stomach so he can look up at me. 

"Yeah, it's a little better. But don't think that the talking doesn't hurt my head." He says. 

"Oh, then I'll stop talking. You can just tell me that you know. Trust me, just tell me to shut up and I will." 

"But I like talking to you and I don't want this stupid migraine to hold me back from talking to my girlfriend. I don't care how much it hurts. It's worth it." He says. My heart just about explodes. The butterflies in my stomach turn to bats.

"That's cute, now sleep," I say trying to hide how flustered he makes me. My hand goes back to his hair and he closes his eyes in return.

"I'm serious, it's worth the pain." Stop making my heart explode with happiness. He's so amazing!

"I'm serious, sleep." I can't even deal with how amazing he is.

It's about an hour later when Jace wakes up again.

"Hey," I whisper as he sits up, finally getting his head off of my stomach. Not that I'm complaining.

"That was the best sleep I've had in a while," he admits as he runs a hand through his hair.

"My stomach must be very comfortable," I say.

"No, I think it's just having you next to me." Cuteness overload. He needs to stop before I no longer have a heart from it exploding from so much cuteness. But then again, don't stop. 

"You need to stop flustering me." I admit to him. A devilish glint glazes over his eyes. He leans into me until his lips are touching my ear.

"Is this flustering you?" I close my eyes, trying to keep myself under control.

"No." I lie. 

"That's a lie," he says. And then he kisses right under my earlobe. He slowly moves his lips from under my earlobe down my jaw, peppering kisses along the path. He stops right before my chin and then brings his mouth up right in front of mine. I could lean in just a bit more and our lips would be touching. My stomach is doing flips. "I really hope I'm making you flustered," he says right before he smashes his lips onto mine. My mouth moves in sync with his wishing this moment could last forever. He nibbles my bottom lip and I grant him access to my mouth. I lay back and he climbs on top of me. A noise escapes the back of my throat, but I don't have time to be embarrassed. In response, Jace growls. God damn. My hands run through his hair and I get a little out of control and end up pulling really hard on it.

"Shit," he says holding his head as he rolls off of me. I quickly sit up. 

"Oh shit! I'm so sorry! I completely forgot that you're dying of a migraine. I'm such a bitch. Oh, my God. Are you okay?" A hint of a smile is on Jace's face. 

"I'm fine. As long as you're still here." he smoothly says. He then grabs my waist and pulls me on top of him to straddle his torso. I'm hesitant to continue the little make out we were having.

"Are you sure you're fine?" I ask, just making sure. He cups my face with one hand and rubs circles into my waist with the other.

"Yes, now kiss me," he says. And I lean down and do just that. 

A/N 

Some of my friends have been so annoying and confusing recently. And they've done some things that I'm not sure I'm ready to forgive them for, so the next time I see them, you already know I'm going to be so petty. 

Are you petty or no?

Anywho, I hope you liked this chapter.

How cute was Jace? 

Pretty damn cute is the answer. 

Thanks for reading!!

Lots of love,

Ana<3