02

"everyone! places!" jill shouts. i'm sitting in the audience, waiting for my cue to get backstage.

of course, i go to early, causing me to look out of place, and of course, i get my ass told off about it. i always do.

i shake it off, and get ready to go onstage. once again, i mess up. i'm in the wrong wing and have to slide in the one over and hope i don't bring any attention to myself.

when it's time to go onstage, everything goes well, thankfully. when we start dancing though, i realize, i don't remember some of the moves, how could i? i haven't performed this play in 3 years.

i somehow catch up, and when we start to salsa, the audience dances along. i look out and smile. i feel happy. this is where i belong.

but as soon as things go well, everything changes. people forget everything, as soon as i get to be front and center.

jill comes onstage and yells at me. i tell her i was doing the right, she disagrees. eventually, she gives up.

"if you're not happy doing this, get off the stage." she says sternly, to the whole cast. everyone leaves, only a few people stay. the audience is left in shock.

i leave too, in tears. the second i leave the auditorium, i fill with regret.