03

"what you did to those people was not okay." i say.

"they deserved it." he answers.

"no they didn't! they didn't deserve being put through that!" i shout.

"no one died."

"but people were hurt! you hurt them! do you know how much PTSD you must've given people? children?!"

"i did it for you."

"i never asked you to do that. you need help, jake."

"shut up."

"i'll be back when you've sorted yourself out."

i walk out after that, leaving him behind.

it's been a year when i see him again. it's at the waterpark, the place where he injured so many people. he looks better, happier. like he actually did get help. he's still alone though, he's always alone. i never understood why he always came here alone.

i don't what possesses me to go over to him, and i don't what possesses me to kiss him back when the first thing he does is crash his lips onto mine, but i do, and i like it. i like him.

"hi." he says, fingers tangled in my long, wet hair, eyes flickering from my eyes to my lips.

i smile back, i like him.

it's like that for a while, he calls me his girlfriend, and we're official. we play video games together, lots of minecraft. he makes me diamonds swords because i'm out of sticks and i gave him the puppy dog face even though he only has three diamonds left. he's always touching me, he has a hand on my leg or he's holding my hand or kissing me. he's happier, but you can tell he's still hurting inside.

we go to camp a few weeks later, and our cabins get luckily placed next to each others. he sneaks into my bed, a lot, or i sneak into his, or we sneak out together and go swimming or skip rocks on the lake. we get caught every time but it's worth it. he's worth it.

everyone hates taking out the trash at camp. especially when it's raining outside like it was that day. my friend, levi tries to get me to do it, and hangs his arms around my shoulders, luckily the camp instructor comes in at that moment, "levi, you get to take out the trash since you're all over my mans girl." he says. the instructor is jakes best friend. jake pulls me into his arms and kisses my head. everyone around us coo's. i feel safe and warm and happy. i love him.