Chapter Sixteen

"Diamond? You- you're a pegasi?" I asked. He whickered, and reared. I studied him more closely. His coat still looked about the same, but it was much glossier, and now his amber undertones were startlingly vibrant. His wings started the same shade as his body, but then faded into amber, then black.

"He's gorgeous." Emma said, coming to stand beside me.

"He- What- How- When - Did-" Echo started several inquiries, coming to stand at my other side. "What just happened?" She finally settled upon.

"He's a pegasus." I said.

"Yes. I can see that. But how? Why?"

Because I needed to save Violet, I took on my true form. I heard a voice say inside my head.

"HE HAS TELEPATHY NOW?" Echo yelled so loudly, I brought a hand up to my ear.

"Do you? I asked Diamond.

I do.

I suddenly heard a rustling sound behind me. I whirled around, and saw Echo scrambling up the nearest tree.

"I need a break from this!" She yelled down.

"Diamond! This is amazing. Thank you!" I shouted suddenly, throwing my arms around his neck.

One more thing. This is only for you to hear. I come from Crystallia, just like you do.

"You, what? You do?" I hugged him even more tightly.

"What happened here?" I heard a quiet voice ask behind me, and before I could turn, I heard a shout, and whirled to see Echo come crashing down from her tree, right onto my surprised brother.

Echo looked mortally embarrassed as she sat up from Firedeath's back, where she'd come barrelling down.

"Hey guys. What's up?" She said, trying to regain her composure.

"Well, not you." Emma said, causing me to break down into laughter.

"Echo, would you mind letting me up now?" Firedeath asked seriously.

"Oh. Oh! Right. Sure." She said, bouncing off of him to stand with Emma, an embarrassed smile on her face.

"Where did you go?" I asked Firedeath once he and Echo were back on their feet.

"I heard something, but they must have double crossed their path and came back to attack you." He said.

"I wonder who they were." I said.

"I don't know, but keep a sharper eye out in the futu- Is Diamond a pegasi? How is Diamond a- oh."

"What?" I jerked my head towards Firedeath, making Echo jump.

"Nothing."

"You realize I'm getting really sick of that answer, right?" I growled.

"I know. I'm sorry, but I can't say any more." I sighed and turned back to Diamond. An idea started take root in my mind.

"Diamond, do you think that you could," I hesitated, not knowing how to ask. "Could you find Aria?"

I could, but not in the way that you are thinking.

"Wait, how did you know that?" I asked, puzzled. Diamond snorted and pawed the ground impatiently.

I'm not reading your mind, Violetsight. Your hope was strong enough on your face. I'll not pinpoint Aria with my thoughts, but I can still find her in a much less complicated way.

"Great!" I said, choosing not to notice how Diamond used my real name, and when he gestured with one wing towards his back, I vaulted on. "Oh. That would have been much simpler."

"I'll be back in a bit." I told the others, then grabbed Diamond's mane. He spread his wings and spiraled above the trees.

"Wow, you can see forever!" I said, taking in the breathtaking view.

Violet, concentrate on finding Aria.

"I can take a moment to enjoy the scenery, can't I?" I asked absentmindedly, scanning the ground for Aria.

You need to find her. Was all he said.

"Ugh. What is it that people don't want to tell me?" I asked, starting to get really angry.

Diamond started to answer, but I cut him off, all of my anger dissipating at once. "Aria!