| 6

Melody's POV

I don't think Eric's mansion will ever get old; the scenery was enough to make you feel like a princess. Then, on the side, Eric included.

"Here, let me take your coat." Thanking him, I hand him my jacket, leaving me in my work pencil skirt and a white blouse. Having myself dressed up decent made me feel as if I belonged in this house a little bit more.

"How is your friend?" He started up a conversation whilst walking over to the island, switching the kettle on. Sitting down on the sofa, I kicked my high heels off, letting my feet breath for the first time in hours.

"He's fine; Just going through a hard time at the moment." I mumbled, not wanting to give away too many details also hoping he'd get the hint I just want to drop this conversation.

"He? Who is he to you?" He couldn't see but I gave him pointed looks behind his back knowing that he would ask questions just like these. Taking in the silence, Eric turned around to find out why I wasn't answering. His eyes meet my raised eyebrow, before smirking.

"A friend Eric, just a friend." Nodding, he turned back around.

I silently watched him as he made us a cup of tea, his expression blank- like always. I wish I could read into his stubborn brain of his.

"Sugar?" He asked, catching me off guard. I quickly looked away from him trying to cover up the fact I was gawking at him.

"Yeah, three. " I knew three wasn't very healthy, but I liked my tea sweet. I prefer coffee to be honest...

"Three. Really? Why don't you just have two, it's better for you." He suggests, placing only two spoonfuls in before mixing it. Rolling my eyes, I stood up from the sofa and made my way towards him. I took the spoon from his gasp placing it back into the sugar pot to take another fill.

"It's not healthy." Eric argued' holding my wrist just as I was about to tip it in the cup. I stare at him warningly as he continued to hold my wrist tightly. No one made a move so I slowly, but surely, turned the spoon in my fingers watching sugar from the corner of my eye spill into the cup of tea. He didn't take his eyes off mine but I knew he saw the extra spoon of sugar slip in, his growl gave that away.

"Opps." I whispered, yanking my hand away before proceeding to mix the warm drink.

"What am I going to do with you?" He muses, darkly pushing me against the counter with his body. His breath fans over the mark, making it tingle unwillingly. Only if it felt like this all the time... "All day... All day your flushed face beneath me has been replaying in my mind." He grunted, running his hands up my arms soaking me in the warm fuzzy feeling.

"You wanted to talk?" I mumble, turning around, taking a sip from my sweet tea. If I was to let him carry on touching me softly like that, then I don't think I would of been able to contain the moan that was pushing it's way out.

"Hmm," He hummed, as I slipped by him towards the sofa. "I know I shouldn't have marked you-"

"No shit." I remarked, making him clench his jaw.

"Let me finish Melody, or I'll shut that mouth with mine." I was taken back by his reply; he made me feel like a small cat compared to himself. Sighing, he took a seat next to me, "Sorry... Just listen alright?" He asked, frustrated. Nodding I tried to relax.

"Like I said, You shouldn't be wearing my mark. I knew it was wrong, but I couldn't control myself. You wouldn't answer me and never ...... never has any girl I've been with treated me the way you treat me.

Then there's you. From the moment I saw you, I knew you are going to be different. You teased me, You aggravated me, Then you always disobey me," He groaned, placing his twitchy hands on his thighs. "You're always defying me, doing things you'd shouldn't or not answering my questions leaving me hanging. For that reason my wolf wanted to mark you to show who was boss. He wanted you as his just as much as I wanted you that night. That's why I marked you; your're nothing like the other girls. Compared to you, they seem... Boring, the same." I sat, stunned in silence. What does he mean other girls? Does he have fuck buddies? Or girls that do anything he wants them to.