Part 9

The next couple days came and went. Shawn was busy rehearsing and you were busy worrying about who he was rehearsing with. It's not like you guys were official, or anything—hell, you weren't even sleeping together—but you still felt a tinge of jealousy at the thought of a blonde bombshell all over him.

Geoff was no help, constantly checking in and reassuring your awareness of Shawn's interest in you, reminding you of the whole Melissa thing. You even caught yourself doing an Instagram deep-dive on Tuesday night, desperate to find out more about your seeming competition. Turned out, she's fucking perfect. Like, literally perfect. Perfect-looking, perfect singer, perfect for Shawn. The thought turned your stomach.

Thursday's giddiness brought you out of your insecure thoughts and left you excited for puppy classes in the evening, which promised a few juicy kisses from Shawn. You were nose-deep in your sociology textbook by late afternoon afternoon when your phone lit up with a notification from Instagram—Melissa had added to her story "for the first time in a while." Bleh.

You mindlessly swiped the screen which quickly displayed an image of her beautiful, smiling face pressed against Shawn's, who was also smiling. The caption read, "Couldn't have picked anyone better to be spending so much time with!" and something in you snapped. It was no longer worry, or sadness. It was anger and it was coming in hot.

You darted upstairs and changed into something decent, making sure to coat your lips in some gloss and tousle your loose waves. Your low-cut sweater fit perfectly over your torso, stretching a bit over your boobs. Skinny jeans were clad to your thighs, hugging your hips in all the right places. You pulled on your brown Blundstones and quickly ordered an Uber to take you to the Cameron House, sure that if you waited any longer you wouldn't end up going through with it.

You stepped into the empty bar and paid no mind to the bartender as he greeted you. You were a woman on a mission. The place was dimly lit and intimate, and it made your stomach lurch. The sound of Shawn's voice accompanied by a guitar came from around the corner as you walked in its direction, chin up and ass swinging.

Shawn stood in the centre of the stage, trying his best to strum the acoustic guitar as the hot blonde stood awfully close to him, very obviously checking him out. She gripped a microphone and began harmonizing, moving in a little closer as he tried his best to step away but unable to leave the microphone stand. You stood in the dark, quietly observing as you plotted your next move. It wasn't until her acrylic nails raked up his bicep that your jaw dropped.

"Alright, that's it!" you called, strutting toward the stage and pulling the singers from their verses. Shawn broke into a smile at the sight of you, while Melissa's face twisted into annoyance as you charged in their direction and interrupted the moment.

Shawn was quick to balance the guitar on the stool behind him and turn toward you, holding his arms open for a hug. You had other intentions as you climbed the steps and met his gaze, your eyes dark and hungry.

"Missed you," you muttered as your small hands gripped his strong jaw and pulled his face to meet yours, encapsulating his lips in a heated kiss. His hands naturally found your hips, soon traveling to your ass as you opened your mouth and swept his tongue with yours. You tugged at his curls with your long fingers as you swallowed a moan that escaped his lips, a growing bulge pressed into your abdomen as you pulled away.

"Hello to you, too," he giggled, pulling you against his strong chest for a tight hug.

"Hi, gorgeous," you spoke back, making sure to meet Melissa's shocked gaze, "hope I'm not interrupting," you trailed off, taking a step back and pointing between the two of them. Shawn's response was exactly what you'd been hoping for.