study buddy

y/n = your name
y/l/n = your last name
y/n/n = your nickname

you groan when your teacher hands you back your test, because you failed yet another chemistry test.

you hit your head off of the desk, your eyes filling with tears.

you feel someone place a hand on your back, rubbing it gently.

"hey, y/n, it's okay." you hear your best friend, ned, whisper. you lift your head up so your eyes meet his, your eyes threatening to spill tears.

"it isn't, though. if my mark keeps going down i'm going to be kicked out of this school." you say, a tear running down your cheek but you quickly wipe it.

"why am i so stupid?" you mumble to yourself, hitting your head against the desk once more.

"h-hey, don't say that.." peter stutters nervously and hesitantly places a hand on your shoulder. "i-if you want, i'll tutor you for the quiz next week." he suggests, and your stomach does flips.

how would you be able to concentrate if your tutor is the guy you've liked since freshman year?

"peter, i'm a lost cause at this point." you say, lifting your head and looking into his eyes. "n-no." he replies, shaking his head slowly.

"come over to my place after school.. o-okay?" he says, and your mouth lifts upward slightly into a smile. "thank you, pete." you blush, quickly throwing your arms around him for a hug.

he's tense at first, but slowly relaxes and pulls you into him tighter. you place your head on his shoulder, trying not to cry in your best friend's arms.

"i-i'll try and make you feel better today, alright?" he asks, and you nod. "i don't deserve you, parker." you smile, which makes him blush.

- after school -

you and peter walk back to his place, and during the walk he tries to take your mind off of things.

"so, y/n/n, have you decided if you want to go on the field trip next week?" peter asks with a smile. "i'm not sure yet, my mom probably won't let me because of my low marks." you frown, and he does too.

"well if you can't go, i won't go either. i'll spend the day with you." he suggests. "pete," you chuckle, "you've been talking about this for weeks. i can't take this away from you." you say, pushing a piece of hair behind your ear.

"it won't be the same without you." he sighs, looking into your eyes and you give him a weak smile. "i'll try my best to convince my mom." you say, and his face lights up.

"uh, this is my house." he stops, pointing to the stairs leading into an apartment building. "perfect, let's go." you smile, and he leads the way.

"so my aunt may won't be home for a bit so it'll just be the two of us studying. is that alright?" he asks as he unlocks the door. "yeah, that's perfect." you reply, following him inside and shutting the door behind you.

he motions for you to follow him, so you do, and he leads you through the apartment and into his bedroom.

you smile to yourself noticing he has bunk beds, and peter blushes slightly seeing you stare and smile.

"i-i can't even explain why i have these." he blushes, shaking his head. "no, it's cute." you reply, placing an arm hesitantly on his bicep.

you quickly pull away, very nervous, and try to change the subject.

"so can you help me with organic chemistry?" you ask him, hope in your voice. "yeah, definitely." he says, laying your chemistry work on his desk.

he allows you to sit in the desk chair, and he kneels beside you while you work.