Ch1: Greetings

I walked around Twilight's school, looking for Occelus. It was an open house day and I had come to see how Occelus was doing. I wasn't paying attention to where I was going and accidently ran into some creature. "Sorry" I apologised, getting back up.

"It's fine" they replied. I looked at who I walked into and saw a Hippogriff. She was a creamy yellow with light blue on part of her hooves, her claws and her beak. She had vier eyes and a light blue and pink mane and tail. A couple of strands hung over her face and the bottom of her hair was held close together. She had a piece of a pearl on a necklace around her neck.

She looked me in the eyes and placed her ears down. "No. I wasn't looking where I was going" I told her. She looked at me before drawing a line in the dirt. "I'm Thorax" I introduced. "Leader of the Changelings" I added. "A-Azure. Second born of Queen Novo" she replied. 'She's a princess' I thought, kinda surprised. "Azure" someone yelled before tackling Azure to the ground.

Azure was pinned to the ground by Silverstream as she smiled down at her. "Silverstream" someone else yelled as a yellow Hippogriff hugged onto Silverstream. "Skystar. I missed you" Silverstream cheered.

I helped Azure up as she brushed dust of her fur and Feathers. "What was that about?" I asked her. "My sister and my cousin are very excitable and hyper" she whispered, dragging her claw in the dirt and sand. "You don't seem to be anything alike" I replied. She nodded, fiddling with the necklace on her neck.

"Are you uncomfortable right now?" I asked, not sure if I was making her uncomfortable. She lifted her claw and tilted it side to side. "I can go if that's the case" I told her, about to continue my search for Occelus. "Don't go" she spoke, still quiet but not a whisper

I turned to her as she made eye contact with me. "I-I haven't really spoke  to a lot of creatures other then my family. I'm just nervous" she told me. "It's fine" I replied, sitting down on the ground. We continued to talk until Queen Novo walked over and told Azure that they were leaving. Azure waved goodbye before they walked away.

Azure's pov

"So who was that you were talking to?" Skystar asked, jumping up and down in our room. "His name is Thorax and he's the leader of the changelings" I replied, turning the page in y book. "What's he like" Skystar aske, placing her claws on the bed.

"He's nice" I replied, still reading. "I'm going to have to meet him. I need to make sure he's suitable for my little sister" Skystar explained. I swear I almost choked on my own saliva when Skystar said this. "I don't like him" I whispered.

"What was that? I didn't hear you" Skystar explained. I stood in front of her and spoke a little louder. "I don't like him" I advised my sister. Skystar put her ears down as I climbed back on the bed.

"Are you lying?" Skystar whispered next to me. I turned my face away to hide my blush as Skystar got super excited. "You do like him" Skystar cheered. I covered her mouth with my claw as she looked confused. "Don't tell anyone" I told her. She nodded as I removed my claw from her mouth.

"So are you going to ask him out?" Skystar whispered. "No" I replied plainly. "Why not?" Skystar frowned. "Firstly, we both have our own responsibilities. Secondly, we're different species and finally. I'm too shy and I have wings that I can't even use ,he won't feel the same" I explained to her.

"You should at least try" Skystar encouraged. I shook my head before going back to reading my book. I heard Skystar as she lay in her bed. 

Thorax's pov

 I arrived back at the changeling kingdom, running into my brother Pharynx. "How is Occelus" he asked. "Fine" I replied, not paying much attention to him. "You ok?" he asked. I nodded in reply. "What happened?" he asked.

I walked over to the throne and at down, thinking about Azure. "I met a Hippogriff" I replied, looking at the plants. "Why are you so interested in a hippogriff?" Pharynx asked. "Because she's beautiful" I replied. "Then tell her that" he told me.

"I can't" I sighed. "Why not?" Pharynx asked, looking at me. "She probably doesn't feel the same. She'll probably want a hippogriff as her boyfriend" I replied. Pharynx stayed quiet as an idea popped into my head.

"I know. I can pretend to be a hippogriff, maybe then I'll have the courage to ask her out" I explained. "Umm" Pharynx started. "Thanks for talking with me" I thanked him as I started to think of a plan on what to do. Pharynx nodded before walking away.