Chapter 1

A new Beginning
                                 a fresh start
                           a new journey

I was the only girl in this school wait let me re phrase that I was the only Muslim girl in this school . It was as if god was testing me to see if I will keep this on . There was so many rude looks and so many comments about what I was wearing . usually I barely notice about my hijab but since I'm in a public school . I'm forced to notice . I guess people barely see people like me out here. the first day of school so far was awkward. There were a lot of cold looks and people staring at me and it wasn't the good kind either .
I was looking for the office when I heard some one say what's that on her head out loud . I pretended I didn't even hear that comment . Be strong I whispered to myself . I knew this was going to be a long annoying day .
...
I went inside the office and told them what I was hear for .

I need my schedule I'm new here and the counselor told me to come to her office.

Okay just head on in she's in there . her office is to the right . Her name is written on her door.

Okay thank you.

You're welcome.

Then I left to where she described . I knocked on the door and waited for her reply. I heard a faint come in
So I opened the door .

Hi I'm Dina . I'm the new student.

Oh yes come on in and close the door.

So let's see, you need your schedule am I right.

Yes and is there going to be someone showing me where my classes are since I'm new and all.

Yes he's supposed to come in soon Ms.Tim said while typing on her computer .I heard a knock on the door.

Come in and the boy opened the door.

Dina this is Adam , Adam Dina Ms.  Tim said.

Hi I said to him

Hello he said back

That part is settled let me just print out your schedule

okay I said .

The room was a bit quiet  while the paper was printing . Adam was  still standing at the door . He was wearing a slim white t-shirt. With skinny jeans and a white nike shoes. He had olive complexion so the clothes looked really good on him.

Here you go said Ms. Tim

Thank you I said taking the paper

Just schedule an appointment if you need help on anything .

Okay thank you

Your welcome. Have a good day you guys !.

You too I said walking out the door that Adam already opened.
....
Let me see your schedule Adam said while opening the office door for us

Sure I gave him my paper and we stopped at the outside of the office door. So he can check it out .

The school was big it was a two stories building. With 4 stairs at different end of the school. That's just what I observed so far.

Well where are we headed first I asked him
When he finished looking at it

We are headed to your first class. Luckily it's near a bathroom so that will be easy.

here's your schedule back

Thanks I said taking the  paper from him .

okay then lead the way I told him

We headed upstairs and down another hallway all the way to the end of that hallway .

This is your first class the room number is next to the door and it's bolded so you can see it easier. As you can see the restroom is just a few walks away he said.

While walking me to where the restroom is .

This is easier then I thought

It really is but it will get some time to get used

Especially the cafeteria food

Is the cafeteria food horrible

Eh it depends on your taste . I mean they do serve a good ass pizza. But other then that it depends on the person.

Really well I can't wait to try that

lucky for you it's pizza day. What lunch period do you have again

I opened my paper and read threw my schedule
I stopped at the cafe part .

It's say 4th period

I have 5th period

Oh well hopefully I'll get used to this place soon

Hey Adam

Someone said from behind me . The person walked towards us

Hey Xavier

What's up are you helping her he said in a disgusting tone

yeah I'm supposed  to show her around the school he said

Hey what's with the tone I asked him

Eh why do you care your just a newbie aren't you supposed to set a good first impression.

First impression my ass I'm not supposed to impress anyone. If they don't like me for me they can leave . And I suggest you do that. I can't stand rude people.

woah calm down you guys Adam said

Xavier aren't you supposed to go to class now anyway the first bell already rang

Yeah but I don't trust her Xavier said

Well I don't trust you like how do you even know this guy. You seem nice and all but he's like the opposite of you.

Thanks but seriously you guys need to stop and it's her first day you didn't give her a good first impression either so let this go both of y'all.

I will let this go but don't try anything like this again I told Xavier

Whatever he said and walked away

I hope I don't have classes with him I told Adam.

I hope so too anyway lets keep going I have so many
places to show you hopefully this tour will help a little.

And we walked to the next class on my schedule.