Chapter 8

It has felt like days since i have talked to Myles. 

Everything was cool again, but it didn't feel the same. 

I throw myself on my bed and stare up at my ceiling, completely zoning out. I look over to my nightstand and see the Polaroids Myles and I took. 

They brought a smile to my face. I wanted him. I wanted to see him. I wanted to feel like those plump, perfect lips against mine again. I wanted one of his hugs. I just wanted him.

I climb off my bed and grab my keys as i race out of my room and down the stairs. I run out the front door and slam it behind me not even acknowledging my mom who had been on the couch this whole Saturday watching reruns of Saved By The Bell. 

I quickly slide into the driver seat, turn on the ignition, and pull out of the driveway onto the pavement. 

So what was I supposed to say now? 

I was the one who said we should just be friends.

What if he does not want me anymore?

What if he slams the door in my face? 

My palms start to slightly sweat from my nervousness, maybe i shouldn't do this.

But too late...

I turn off the ignition and step out of my car, closing the door behind me. My knees start to grow heavy as i make my way up the car-less driveway and onto the porch.

I knock lightly on the door, heart beating faster and faster.

The door swings open and there he stood. 

Dressed in a loose black tank top and baggy sweat pants.

Hair perfectly swooped up.

Eyes sparkling from the very vibrant sunset.

Just as our eyes set, my mind went blank. 

" Hi " I finally speak.

" Hey, what are you doing here? " He questions with a meaningless tone.

" Myles... I...umm.. " i struggle to speak, mentally face palming myself, while he stood there with a clearly confused look.

" I can't stand this silence. i know we barely even know each other, but it feels like i've known you my whole life. I also know i am the one who said we should stay friends, but that was one of the stupidest decisions of my life. It just made everything worse. It is my fault we aren't talking and i am so so sorry. But i understand if you don't wanna talk to me still " I say with a single tear stream down my face, but he just stood there. I couldn't tell if he understood what i was saying or if he could careless.

I quietly sigh and step away the door to make my way back to my car, but a hand firmly grips my arm and pulls me back. Myles lips clash onto mine, giving me so many butterflies. I know this sounds corny, but just like they say in the movies, i felt the sparks between us. I wrap my arms around his neck, pulling his body closer to mine. Myles pulls away from the kiss and rest his forehead against mine, smiling his beautiful, pearly white smile at me.

" Good thing you came by when you did, i was almost considering not talking to you anymore " he says and i gasp loudly slapping his chest, but he just chuckles it out.

" I'm kidding " he laughs and pulls me inside, slamming the front door behind him.