Chapter 2

***three years later***

*Jack's POV*

I was flying over a forrest area and I can see that the animals were coming out of hibernation. I rested on a tree branch and looked at the blooming flowers nearby. I love winter, but I find spring pretty with all the different colors.

I leaned back against the trunk of the tree and rested my eyes. My eyes shot open when I heard a sweet voice singing softly. I looked around searching for the source. I finally found it. It was a girl. She had on a neon green tank top, white shorts, green converse, and gold hoop earrings.

She had metallic gold markings on her body. There was a gold flower on her upper left back and a wispy golden band around her upper left arm. She even had wings like a fairy with gold marking on them. I shifted on the branch I was on to get a better look. I sat there quietly watching her.

She squatted down next to the small creek and ran her fingers through the water. I shifted on the branch again to try to sneak a glimpse of her face. My movement cause the branch to shift and the leaves rustled. I quickly hid behind the trunk of the tree. I looked over at her. She had looked over, trying to figure out what made the noise.

She was beautiful. She turned back around slowly, continuing what she was doing before. Instead of singing she started humming instead this time.

Should I approach her? What if she finds it weird that I was watching her? Does she know I was watching her? I should just leave.

I grabbed my staff and accidentally touched the tree branch I was on. I winced as the ice crackled as it covered the tree. I looked over at her to see if she noticed. She didn't. I started to stand up to fly away, but I slipped on the ice that's now covering the whole branch. I fell, I think I hit every single branch on the way down. I hit the ground hard. I sat up, rubbing the back of my head and grunted.

"Are you okay?"

I looked up, it was her. She was even prettier up close. Her hair was up in a bun with a bang. She reached out her hand. I grabbed it and pulled myself up. I still held on to her hand.

"Jack Frost" I said while shaking her hand. She smiled shyly. "Orianna" she said. I let go of her hand and scratched the back of my head.

"That was hard fall, are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine, I just slipped"

I said looking back into her dark brown eyes.

"What were you doing up there?" She asked, curiosity clearly seen in her eyes.

"I decided to rest in a tree for a few minutes then fell"

I was not about to tell her that I was watching her.

"So what are you doing out here?"

"I was waking up the animals from hibernation and making some flowers bloom."

I looked around the forrest and smiled.

"So you bring in spring?"

She smiled and her eyes twinkled. "Yeah. Want to see something?"

I nodded my head. "Sure."

She opened her wings and started flying, I followed her to a small waterfall. She waved her hands and plants started to appear in certain places. I looked at her. She was focusing. There were orange, yellow, and pink daffodils and patches of grass on the tan rocks which the water trickled over.

"Wow" I looked over at her, but she wasn't there. I looked around for her. She moved somewhere else. She was focusing upwards towards the sun. I walked over and stood beside her and looked up to see what she was doing. It was a spider web covered in dew drops. When you look up at it the sun reflects on the water and the droplets light up. It's like shiny little beads on a necklace. I smiled and looked over at her. She was smiling up, admiring her work.

"It's beautiful"

She looked over at me. "Thanks" she said.

"You should come visit the other guardians with me."

"I'd love to"

The first place I took her to see tooth. To my surprise north, bunny, and sandy was already there.

"Didn't even invite me?" I asked.

"You don't stay in one place for long so it's hard to keep in contact with you." North said. He looked over at orianna. "Who's this?"

I stood beside orianna on her left and placed my hands on both her shoulders. "This is orianna."

I kept my right arm around her and used my left hand to gesture towards each gaurdian. "This is north, you may know him as Santa Clause. This is sandy or the sand man. tooth, the tooth fairy and bunnymund, the Easter bunny. In my opinion he looks like a kangaroo" I whispered the last sentence to her. she giggled and said "hi" in a low voice.

Everyone greeted her, then we all started to have a normal conversation. I left the room for a few minutes. When I came back I looked over at her, she was smiling, enjoying the conversation. She wasn't saying anything, but she was listening. She looked over at me then she quickly looked at the ground and bit her lip out of nervousness. I smiled, her shyness is cute.