chapter six

“ master oakenshield,” thorin stops as he looks at me, “ this is where i must part with your company.”
“ i thank you for helping me and my kin get this far,” he nods his head to me, “ know you will always be welcomed in erebor.”
I smiled to him as he walks down towards the docks.
Bard and his children had been kind enough to let me stay in their home, when the dwarves had left for the lonely mountain, and as a repayment i would entertain tilda while bain and sigrid worked.
“ da and the others said that what i see is only my imagination,” tilda sighed when petting a small salamanders head, “ my mum believed me though.”
“ you have a gift,” i smiled at her, “ few people have this gift.”
“ what is it called?” she asked.

“ i call it the sight,” i smiled at her.  
“ no,” i heard bard as he had opened the door to his house, “ i’m done with dwarves go away.”
“ no please no one will help us,” i heard bofur’s voice, “ kili’s sick he’s very sick.”
“ bring him to the bed!” orders oin as they bring kili inside.
“ tilda get some cloth and water,” i looked down at the girl and she nods.
“ what can i do to help?” i asked oin.
“ keep him still until bofur gets back,” i nodded as i stood between him and fili.

“ alice,” i looked over to tilda as she was shaking.
“ help the little lass,” i nodded to oin and walked over to tilda.
“ what’s wrong?” i asked her.
“ i’m scared,” she whimpers as she hugs my waist.
I shushed her, kneeling down to pull her into a warm, comforting hug. Sigrid suddenly screams as she shuts the door, the blade of an orc was in the way, and more had barged into the house.
“ bain!” he took tilda with him to hide her.

Oin and fili fought few other orcs, who had smashed and crashed into the house, the girls screaming in terror. Unsheathing soul blade i stabbed one of the orcs in the chest, and smiled when seeing tauriel and legolas, as they too fought the orcs.
“ tilda! Sigrid! Duck!” i shout to the girls and they obeyed.
The screeching of the orcs fill my ears, as i fought, protecting the kids from the orcs. One of the orcs had jumped out of the house, and all i could hear, was kili’s sharp wail of pain.
“ tauriel come!” legolas shouts.
“ we’re losing him,” oin looked at tauriel.

“ tauriel,” legolas gave a commanding tone.
Just when tauriel walks near the broken down door, kili shout in agonizing pain, making her to him and then the doorway. She looked torn between wanting to leave, and wanting to stay, her eyes glistening with longing as she looks at kili.
“ hold him down,” tauriel instructs them as she washed the kingsfoil in water.

Menno o nin na hon
i eliad annen annin,
hon leitho o ngurth.

I had this strange feeling within my chest, as if the words of her chants, had been translated for me. Kili was no longer crying out, or writhing with pain once tauriel had finished her chant, all he did was stare at her.

Tilda had ran at me, as she was whimpering, all the fear she had finally coming out in small sobs.
“ shh it’s alright little one,” i shushed her, “ no more monsters.”

…………….

Gathering the children we make our way onto the barge, floating along with other people from laketown, making our way out of the city. The smell of burning wood, filling my nose, the agonizing screams of the people making me shake with sadness. My eyes look above, the wind growing powerful, from the gusting of smaug’s wings. More screams from the people, a loud, monstrous roar from the dragon.
“ alice!” tilda cried as she hugs me in fear.
My arm moves to wrap around the girl’s shoulders, hands covering her ears, so she wouldn’t have to hear the pained cries as people died.
“ da,” bain gasps.

“ da!” tilda screams when looking up at the belltower.
“ he hit it!” kili shouts.
“ no,” said tauriel.
“ he did! I saw him hit it’s mark!”
“ his arrow cannot pierce his hide,” tauriel shook her, “ i’m afraid nothing can.”
“ where the mark lies shall one single black arrow make its mark,” tauriel looked at me.
“ how do you know of this?”

“ i just know.”
“ bain!” shouts sigrid.
“ leave him! We cannot go back.”
Tilda began sobbing when bain had left, sigrid had looked distraught, and i pulled them both into a hug. My eyes grow wide, a sharp piercing pain, agonizing my left breast forcing me to hold back tears.
“ alice? Are you alright lassie?” asked bofur.
“ smaug is dead.”

‘ but now a darker threat is upon us.’