Chapter 1

"So you're new this year, right?" He asked as he slammed her locker shut. She jumped back from the loud clang that was a mere whisper in the crowded hallway. But she was too astounded to respond due to the figure who had walked up and talked to her.

"¿No habla el inglés?" He asked with a chuckle after she didn't respond to him.

She gathered her wits and began to gather the courage to respond. "No, Brad, I have actually gone to school with you for the past 11 years... this will be the twelfth."

She watched as the most popular guy in school furrowed his brows as he used all the brain cells he had to figure out who she was. After that he then bodychecked her, and she could tell he was over analyzing every single part of her body. Which in turn made her want to go take a long hot shower to wipe away that feeling.

"Wait... you're not..." he trailed off as he checked her locker number and looked back at her. Then inspecting the people next to her, obviously trying to figure out who she was.

She held out her hand to shake his hand, giving him the sweetest smile she could muster. "Hi, my name is Olivia Hilton, but I prefer Liv."

He held out his hand to shake hers, finally realizing who he was talking to. The same girl who he and his friends had made fun of for the past 6 years since she has gained weight. The same girl who they had deemed "Lardo Liv". And the same girl who they had never ever given the time of day to unless they were making fun of her.

However, they were the reason that she had decided to change herself. She didn't want to have her senior year be as miserable as the last 11 years of school were, so she improved herself in every way so they would all realize that some things in life shouldn't be so superficial.

"Oh my God. You're lar- I mean, Liv?"

"The one and only," she answered as she grabbed his arm and batted her eyes, "but trust me, I forgive you for every single thing you and you're friends have done to me. I mean, old news right?"

As soon as she finished talking she could see the wheels turning in his head, working out what she was saying. But eventually she could tell that he was cool with what she said, and that he believed every word she said... even though her words were dripping with the secret agenda she was pedaling. But he wasn't intelligent enough to figure that out.

"Sweet. And I mean, we were all younger and stupid and now we're," he said as he draped his arm around her shoulder and looked her up and down again, "mature."

Liv gave him the sweetest smile she could muster and ducked out from under his arm and giggled, flipping her newly dyed hair as she did so.

"Well, I need to get my books and head to home room but we should totally chat later," she said as she winked and waved to him as she turned to put her combination into her locker. She then watched as Brad ambled away, looking back every few feet just to make sure that the girl he had just talked to wasn't a mirage.

As soon as she saw he was out of sight though, she laid her head against her inside of her locker and took a deep breath in and out trying to stabilize her heart and ground her mind.

"What the hell was that?" A voice asked next to her head from outside her locker. Liv looked up and smiled to see her best friend standing next to her, giving a look of incredulity to where Brad was just standing.

"I honestly have no idea, but hey JJ," she answered with a smile.

"Hey Liv," he responded as he wrapped her in a hug, "and damn girl, you look great."